• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

washed out screen with photoshop edit recording

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2009 Feb 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I record with captivte a tutorial on how to edit in PShop, when I use eraser too (left mouse held down) it records a washed out screen! So the actual edit is not shown in my recording. What can I do to eliminate this?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Randy

When you say "washed out", do you mean the screen is faded greatly or do you mean it's blank?

If it's blank, do you see it if you preview your project in the browser? What version of Captivate are you using?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 4
It is blank slide. Whenever I stop holding down the left mouse button it continues correctly but every slide recorded with the button held down is blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Please forgive me if I'm being too basic. According to the forum software, this is your second post here. So I'm going to assume you are totally new to Captivate.

Captivate records in different ways. Most often it records in "Demonstration" mode. And in this mode, each change to the screen caused by a click of the mouse, typing or whatever will result in a screen capture. If you have speakers and sound enabled, you hear a simulated camera shutter sound when the capture occurs.

For clicks and drags (Selecting across some text, dragging a window from one place to another or dragging the thumb of a scroll bar) Captivate generally records those sequences as a small Full Motion Recording (FMR) clip. Typically those clips have a camcorder icon on the slide in the Film strip to indicate full motion. You are also able to simply advise Captivate you wish to record using FMR by tapping the F9 key and tapping F10 when you are finished.

What you have described to me would seem to indicate Captivate has shifted (or is attempting to shift) into FMR mode and either can't complete the process or is otherwise failing. This could be a bug you have discovered.

First off, I'd encourage you to report the issue via Adobe's preferred channel. The Wish/Bug Report Form.
Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Secondly, you may wish to try recording normally, then just before you perform the task that caused the issue earlier, tap the F9 key to advise Captivate to begin FMR. Tap F10 when that one segment is finished. See if your result is different.

Hopefully something here was helpful to you... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am VERY new to captivate. The slide that is showing blank "does have a video camera on the slide"

I will try the F9/F10 next time. I start in demonstration mode by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Out of curiosity, do these slides appear to be blank only when you scan down the film strip and view the thumbnails or are they also blank when you preview the project using F4 (Preview in Captivate) or F12 (Preview in Web Browser)?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
any time during playback, it goes to a blank screen. It is that way everywhere I have the left mouse held down and I am moving the mouse over the picture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources