• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost files

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently Windows crashed had to re-install. Installed Photoshop CC and Lightroom to a non-boot hard drive. Recovered/ imported from the first hard drive. Imported new images to 2nd hard drive. Nest morning the Lightroom CC showed the folders I'd setup as empty. I used 'File Explorer' and saw all the images that Lightroom CC said were not there.

I attempted to re-import those files from the hard drive, Lightroom CC import function showed the files in the folders but grayed them out as though they were duplicates.

I copied the files to different folders and still can not import them, even when un-checking 'Don't import Suspected Duplicates.'

I moved the images out of those folders and was able to import. Now I can't remove those empty folders from Lightroom CC.

Any Idea as to what I did/ And how to I correct.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Importing photos is the wrong thing to do.

Find the catalog file from before the crash (or a recent backup) and then double-click on it to open it. If necessary, you have to reconnect missing photos via these instructions (see Figure 4 and associated text).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines