Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking video to frame.

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to lock a scaled video to frame. I scaled down a video to 80% so I can fit a graphic around the video. I want to move the video to top of the frame while keeping it centered horizontally but I want to make sure that when I move it there is no black on the top but there the video doesn't get cut off by a few pixels. is there a way to move it to top of screen automatically and make sure it cant be moved outside of the view-able frame? Attached is a screen cap of what I am working with to hope you get a better idea of what I am talking about if my prior statements have not been clear enough.

singletest.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zachary,

It sounds like a better job for this is an Opacity mask rather than scaling the image. That way, you can move the clip around the frame without issue. Would that work for you? Need help with that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im just trying to lock the video to the rendered out frame so i can fit it in the overlay without cutting off video or leaving black at the top. if there is no way to restrain the image to frame then i guess my job got alot harder and i can use any instruction on how to make a similar effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever solve this, Zachary? Sorry, I don't have much advice to offer other than what I already gave you. Let us know what you ended up doing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines