• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENAMING AND SORTING PRESETS

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a preset package and saw that there were several misspellings in the names of the included presets.  When I tried to correct the misspellings I found that the presets had been re-ordered.  The presets I corrected had been moved to the bottom of the list within that preset folder.  I have not found a way to "move" the presets to the correct order.  Before LR v7.3 it was possible to rename and move (drag and drop) presets.  With v7.3 (including v7.3.1) it appears that is no longer possible.  Have I just not yet discovered how to do that?  Is it possible?  How?  Or will that be addressed in v7.3.2 or later?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.3 changed the presets, and they way they are named and sorted. They are now in xmp-format, and shared between Lightroom and Camera Raw. Lightroom 7.3 has limited possibilities to change them. For now, you have to use Camera Raw in Photoshop to move them to a different group. So open any raw image in Photoshop to get Camera Raw, go to the presets tab and right-click on a preset to rename or move it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rename and move presets to different groups in Lightroom.   To rename just right click and chose rename.  To move to a different group just click and hold the preset and drag to another group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was thinking about profiles, not presets.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The presets I corrected had been moved to the bottom of the list within that preset folder.  I have not found a way to "move" the presets to the correct order. 

The new implementation of presets in 7.3 is shoddy with lots of bugs, including buggy sorting of presets.  Please add your constructive opinion to this bug report: Lightroom Classic 7.3: Develop presets not sorting correctly | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. That bug report also contains some workarounds involving editing of the .xmp file (either manually or with a script).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just released the free Fix Presets plugin that corrects the ordering bug with a click of a button. You may need to invoke the plugin whenever you rename presets, change their groups (folders), or import new ones from earlier versions of LR.

The plugin also provides workarounds for a number of other develop preset issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines