• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic cc 7.3 Very slow to load

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the recent upgrade to 7.3 , I find lightroom is VERY slow to load. Anyone else having the same problem ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SaltireSyd,

Sorry about the slow performance of Lightroom Classic CC since the 7.3 version update.

I'd recommend you to deactivate the GPU support. In order to do so, uncheck the option "use graphics processor" under Preferences> Performance menu in Lightroom.

Lightroom GPU troubleshooting

You may refer this article for more information: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make zero difference, just makes LR even slower.

I'm running a month old Mac Book Pro 15 with the 2.9ghz processor and 16gb ram and Lightroom's performance is pretty average.

When using adjustment brushes it becomes unbearable slow and a pain to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, however deactivating the graphics support makes no difference whatsoever (still takes 28secs to fully load) and that's with my system on a 3.GHz i7 processor with 32Gb Ram. The slow to load only appeared after the latest update, otherwise using the programme, it's the same as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please optimize Lightroom performance as mentioned in this help article: Optimize Lightroom performance ​and let us know if that helps?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your solution to a speed problem is to disable one of the key features that improves speed? And of course that was not going to help with a startup speed problem.

A speed issue is present in many recent threads on the Adobe forums. You in particular, Akash, have replied to some of them. This is very clearly a problem with the latest update, since in most cases the poster is saying speed was good until the most recent update. Instead of making useless suggestions that just waste people's time, take the issues back to others at Adobe who can fix whatever problem exists with the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah totally agree. I dream of a world where developers when faced with the issue of updates not delivering as promised will just pull the update and work on it until it works as intended instead of getting its users to go through endless tweaks that will never do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through this entire thread hoping for a fix because I can't even edit anymore in LR 7.3--it's ridiculous.  How do I go back to 7.2??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried that (in fact it was the first thing I tried when I saw how slow it was to load) and it has made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the very same issue. Lightroom performance was good before this update. Sadly it seems that you broke the performance or optimisation of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issues as those above. Why did it seem to take steps forward a short while ago, this has taken many steps backwards. Please sort this as its making workflow 10x as long to get thru work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh! Agreed. This update has ABSOLUTELY slowed down my workflow beyond repair. I too am downgrading to the previous version. The 7.2 update did make things slightly faster on my Retina iMac but much faster on my 13" Macbook Pro... there are a lot of creatives using Lightroom Classic on Retina iMacs... these issues need to be improved! Capture One, Luminar, Photo Mechanic, etc. all work flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can confirm, the latest Lightroom Classic CC, rev. 7.3 slow down the processing of pictures significantly. I played around all the tweeks and the only one solution for me is to downgrade to rev. 7.2. Hope this issue is fixed soon with the LR update. BTW, from my previous experiences, you can boost the LR speed by disabling the preview window on top left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 7.3 is running EXTREMELY slow on both my iMac and my 2015 MBP. I feel VERY angry and frustrated that yet again, Adobe cannot sort this issue. It's pathetic!! What a waste of time.

I hope Adobe read our comments as I'me very tempted to scrap Lightroom altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. After upgrading to 7.3, it is almost impossible to edit a photograph. The performance is extremely bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG epic fail; all this boast about speed improvements to have a monumental fail in performance.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.3, I'm about to kick this high powered computer for a six.

Its not fun editing photos anymore with Lightroom, super slow and super slow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to version 7.2. Version 7.3 is really slowwwwww!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR C CC 7.3.1 and it is absolutely dead in the water. I am trying to do a panorama of 2 photos and - it just will not do it. Lately I get a white screen and a little blue donut that runs and runs and nothing happens.  I have to kill LR with task manager. At least 10 times in the last few days.  I have tried all the suggestions - nothing helps even a tiny bit. I have a Windows 10 OS, 24 gigs of memory and all the scratch space any working  software would want - a terabyte. I7 processor, If this is the future of LR I am going to need an alternative. I have been told that the number of photos is not a problem; I have 100k photos. All the rest of my software runs fine. NO more than the usual crappyness of Windows 10. Software includes GIS, statistical analysis, and database software that runs like a rocket. Photoshop seems to be OK.  And it looks like Adobe is not really interested in the problem. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem with LR Classic CC 7.3, have just updated to 7.4 and the behaviour is the same. LR appears to open quickly enough but then freezes for at least a minute when the welcome panel disappears. I thought it might be the result of checking the sync status of a largish library so I have created a small library with only 1700 images. The behaviour is exactly the same.

I do wonder if Adobe are trying to wean us off the Classic version and to become cloud native. I don't want to do this - I am happy having my photos on a server next to my desk!

I have found other stability issues recently, particularly when dealing with the larger RAW files of my Fujifilm X-T2. PS and LR used to be the benchmark for image processing. I am seriously considering looking elsewhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I allso can not load and it got even worse (if that was possible) with this latest upgrade. I am assuming they are trying to wean us off of Lightroom Classic and going to Lightroom CC since there appears to have been no effort to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR appears to open quickly enough but then freezes for at least a minute when the welcome panel disappears. I thought it might be the result of checking the sync status of a largish library so I have created a small library with only 1700 images. The behaviour is exactly the same.

One cause of recent versions of LR loading slowly when it first launches is having a very large number of develop presets (hundreds or thousands). If you have that many, try temporarily moving them out of the presets folder using Finder / File Explorer and then restarting LR. (In the Develop Presets panel, right-click a non-builtin preset and do Show In Finder / Explorer to find the presets folder.)

(Note that people mean different things by "loading slowly" -- initial launch of the application, loading an image into Develop, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think LR Classic 7.3 is bad, wait until you try v7.4, it's worse!  Where is Adobe in this thread?  Why no comments or no apparent effort to fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 7.4 slow on import. I have SSHD importing directly to. Tons of ram, I7 processor, blah blah...

(This works if you have a large Keyword set on Import)

~Try removing your keyword set during import, importing files, then add keywords back once files completely finish import.

~Don't do anything else during this process, let the program finish this task.

This has stopped my freezing issue during imports.

I have notified Adobe. I reported a few other bugs also (not performance related that I'm aware of)

I believe they are working on it...

Hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone would think they were trying to get people to stop using the classic version of Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines