• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 7 + Intel HD Graphics 4600 on Windows 7 64-bit

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I noticed the high CPU load, when running Lr 7+. With all syncs, preview builds etc. turned off it is there.

I then checked in the Process Explorer and found that issue is directly connected to one thread and the library:

ig75icd64.dll, which, as I believe, is a part of Intel HD Graphics 4600.

Evidently, GPU acceleration is not supported in Lr for my system configuration (and I could live with that),

I never select it in the Preferences.

As a workaround, I started to kill the aforementioned ig75icd64.dll thread, though this is really annoying.

In addition, I think Lr started to crash often (e.g. I have noticed it crashes quite regularly when deleting files,

though maybe that is other issue).

Finally, I have reinstalled Windows 7 Pro 64-bit from the scratch, but that did not help.

I have also already tried several Intel graphics drivers (versions from 2015 to 2018), but nothing again.

You can understand that after all this I am about to uninstall the program, which is impossible to work with, and

ask for the refund.

Thank you very much in advance for any tips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us some details.

What is the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic CC? We need the version NUMBER and not words like "Current".

When you notice the high CPU load, exactly what tasks is Lightroom performing?? Be specific.

How large is your monitor in pixels (width and height)? Do not tell me inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!

> What is the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic CC? We need the version NUMBER and not words like "Current".

Sorry.. EVERY version, EVERY update of Lightroom Classic CC since 7.0.1. That's what I meant by 7+.

> When you notice the high CPU load, exactly what tasks is Lightroom performing?? Be specific.

No visible tasks. When only the first dialog window appear, where I choose the catalog, the thread is already there, eating CPU and never "calms down". I.e. it is not task dependent (and not about catalog too). CPU is Intel i5 4670K, working at 4.0 GHz.

> How large is your monitor in pixels (width and height)? Do not tell me inches.

1920x1080. Actually, it's two. The other is 1080x1920.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, please clarify something: you said you have turned off all synchronizing, but I am asking if you actually checked to make sure it hasn't been accidentally turned on. Also turn off face recognition (again, you need to actually see that it is turned off, you can't simply say you never turned it on).

Next:

Turn off the Graphics acceleration. You don't need it. Go to Preferences, click on Performance tab, then uncheck "Use Graphics Processor"

If that doesn't help, please revert to Lightroom 7.2, which doesn't have as severe issue as 7.3.1 with crashes.

If that doesn't help, please experiment by turning off one monitor and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do mostly abstract photography and face recognition is something I turn off right after installing Lr Anyway, I have double-checked: all is turned off.

I can't turn on Graphics acceleration in principle (it is not supported for Direct X 11).

Finally, I turned off second monitor, but nothing changed.

Here is a screenshot of the Process Explorer. Well, it doesn't show 100% CPU, as you can see, but it does make a difference, when editing. Interesting fact that this ig75cd64.dll library is OpenGL Driver (for Intel Graphics), according to description. Now, I will try simply to move this file, but I think the last time I did that, Lr crashed too often.

lr7.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the suggestion to revert to Lightroom 7.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, why would I do that now? I had this issue in all previous versions of Lr 7, including 7.2..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines