• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAPTCHA image is not big enough

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CF 8 and the <cfimage> CAPTCHA option. I am getting the following error message on a intermittent basis:

An invalid argument has caused this error.
Verify your inputs. The specified width for the CAPTCHA image is not big enough to fit the text. Minimum width: 311

By intermittent I mean that I can go to the page most of the time and it works fine but then once and a while I'll get the error. If I just refresh the page after getting the error it works fine.

The error indicates my minimum width is not large enough; however, I have no way to estimate this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Here's the code I am using:

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2008 Jun 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not sure if you still need help with this but the formula for calculating the minimum width of a captcha is as follows taken out of the CF8 CFML Reference on page 306.

"Note: For the CAPTCHA image to display, the width value must be greater than: fontSize times the number of characters specified in text times 1.08. In this example, the minimum width is 162."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation