Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance Benchmark for Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I fell that my Photoshop isn't working as well as i expect. I set up a new System some weeks ago (AMD 1950X, Nvidia 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR 4 3200, Bootdisk Samsung 850 Pro, Working Disk Samsung 960 Pro)

Opening Photoshop takes in my opinion too long. When I open Images in Camera Raw and import them into Phtoshop as Smart Objects it also takes long (6 Files, 146 MB), I measured nearly 30 Seconds for starting Photoshop and open all images.

Should this not be much faster?

Is there any benchmark for photoshop to test? Or does anyone have a similar system and can give me some feedback about?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

As you're Photoshop is not performing as expected, could you please let us know which version of Photoshop are you using and also on which operating system?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I use Photoshop CC 2018 and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is that you are reading files directly from the SD-card. And the speed of reading and the response of the device take this time.

Try to open your failes from SSD or NVMe SSD and compare.

I have similar configuration and it work perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Along with the previous suggestions, an area to check are your Performance Preferences.  Photoshop > Preferences > Performance and make sure it is set as you desire.

Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 6.42.40 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines