• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All images grayed out in Library

New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom for a while so this is a new issue. When I now go into Library to review my photos, they are all there but all grayed out. I followed the 'Color Management' process to make sure default is RGB, but the problem did not go away. Any ideas what it could be and how to fix it?

The strange thing is that when I go into Develop, the images are still grayed out but when I click on one, that one will show also temporarily in the thumbnails and on the bigger window. When I click on another image, the thumbnail of the previous imagine becomes grayed out again. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Can you try turning off the use GPU processor in Preferences?

If that doesn't work it may likely be that your Previews.lrdata file is corrupted.

Quit Lr, Locate that file and rename it... this will force Lr to create new previews when you open it again.

Renaming it instead of deleting it is just a safety in case that doesn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a corrupted monitor profile https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

If that doesn't fix the problem, is there an exclamation point icon or question mark icon on your photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dj_paige, I mentioned in my original issue description that I already tried that and the profile is set correctly. I went through again and it has not helped.

There is no exclamation or question mark on the photos or next to the folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the grayed out thumbnails have a flag with an X in the top left corner?

If so, you have set them as rejects by pressing X with the images selected. To un-reject them, select them and click the flag on one of them.

If this is not the problem, please post a screenshot of the entire Library window.

LR-reject.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Per Berntsen - no, I know how to flag images for reject and there you can still see the image in the full window of the Library. That is not the case here. All image views are grayed out, the thumbnails and the preview window.

I am including screenshot to show the issueLr library issue - grayed out images.png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening up a recent backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cmgap, I did. Same result. All grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try turning off the use GPU processor in Preferences?

If that doesn't work it may likely be that your Previews.lrdata file is corrupted.

Quit Lr, Locate that file and rename it... this will force Lr to create new previews when you open it again.

Renaming it instead of deleting it is just a safety in case that doesn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the impression from your first post that the image appears in Develop, in which case you probably have a corrupted preview cache. Develop creates it's own previews on the fly.

With Lightroom closed, use the File explorer and go to the folder that contains your Lightroom catalog. The default location for this folder is inside the My pictures folder.

Move the folder named Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata to the desktop.

Launch Lightroom, and the folder will be recreated, and the previews will rebuild as you browse the Library.

If this should not fix the problem, you can move the folder back, overwriting the new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmgap & per berntsen - result! It was the previews.lrdata. I deleted it and it recreated, library visible again, issue fixed.

Many thanks! It was turning out to be a not so nice sunday afternoon. Crisis over thanks to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your welcome Marcel - glad that's solved. Thank you for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines