• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 7.3 Develop Preset sorting is WHAT???

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new LR 7.3 Develop Preset sorting seems to be random.  The sorting needs to return to pre-LR 7.3.  I have many presets of my own, and others that I purchased,  that I can not find anymore.  The sort seems to be random.  There are too many to rename in some by random convoluted order.  Some coding jockey forgot to put the previous sorting back in after the module update.  My presets are in a real mess and pretty much unusable and NOT PRETTY.  Adobe needs to FIX THIS.  I CAN NOT WORK WHEN I CAN NOT FIND MY PRESETS!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi petersjoholm ,

Sorry that your presets are not sorted alphabetically after the latest update of Lightroom Classic CC 7.3. We are aware of this problem and our Engineering team is working on it.

Please refer this discussion: Lightroom Classic: Develop Presets Not Sorting Correctly (macOS - High Sierra) | Photoshop Family Cu...  where our Engineers are tracking it.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also concerns the Windows version I have it both on my Windows 10 ocn Windows 7 computers. Can we have at timeframe when this bug is fixed. And this time you could actually test the function. Bring also back the functionallity to handle presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going back to "free" Lightroom 6 as I'm not able to manage even my own presets.
I got the alphabetic order by using a script or renaming, but If I create a new one this goes straight at the bottom of the list.
Even, no way to copy and paste in a new folder, as this will not be read by the import program.
Adobe is going wrong with this new version of Lightroom. It's to play with filters, not for professionals at work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom 7.3.1 that should fix the presets sorting issue.

To update Lightroom Classic CC to 7.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Lightroom Classic CC. See Update Creative Cloud apps

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not fix the sorting problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed for me either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for writing.

Unfortunately also the new version of Lightroom remains unuseful.

My main challenges with 7.3.1 are:

- I can't see new presets in the destination folder when I create them

- I can't get in alphabetical order older presets renamed on 7.3.0, even

changing the name more than on time

- Only a part of presets are now in alphabetical order. This is a

relevant part but the change is not complete.

I hope you can solve this.

I wait to buy the new version, remaining on Lightroom 6.

Best

Luca Rajna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DaveCrossett, gregseth and Luca,

Sorry that you're still facing the presets sorting issue in 7.3.1 version of Lightroom Classic CC.

The alphabetical sorting for your user develop presets should be sorted properly in the latest update.

I'd suggest that you add your vote to this discussion Lightroom Classic 7.3: Develop presets not sorting correctly | Photoshop Family Customer Community ​which is being monitored by our Engineering team.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, just written there.

An important question: my trial version of LR Classing is going to

expire as one week is passed and I'm not usigin it, as LR & works

without all these challenges.

How can I check if the issues are solved?

Is is possibile to get another trial week in a close future?

<Edited by Staff, please do not include Email signatures that contains personal info>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, unfortunately I haven't any answer form you.
Please let me now.
Tank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed at all for me too, I can't even create new presets in my own folders (not visibile once saved).
Professional users have to remain on Lightroom 6.
The worst Adobe performance ever, I'm sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not fix the sorting problem here either.  As a professional photographer I have jobs piling up now as my work flow is really slowed down because my once orderly presets are now all over the place.  Release 7.3.1

Even when I try to rename presets either alphabetically or numerically, they seem to move to random places in the list.  Please restore the sorting asap.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same challenges on my Lightroom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just released the free Fix Presets plugin that corrects the ordering bug with a click of a button. You may need to invoke the plugin whenever you rename presets, change their groups (folders), or import new ones from earlier versions of LR.

The plugin also provides workarounds for a number of other develop preset issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you johnrellis,

I have just installed your Fix Presets plugin and there is order once again in Lightroom.  I also tried the feature that hides the default presets - very nice.  Adobe should pay you for this great work.  Thank you very much for creating the plug in and posting it here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, there will be a new release of LR soon and the plugin won't be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, Adobe will change the team... they made the worst performance ever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lucar75299218  wrote

Hopefully, Adobe will change the team... they made the worst performance ever...

While appreciating that these issues can be frustrating they should not be used an excuse to be make such a remark.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having to rely on a third party plugin to fix bugs that should have been fixed in the last update is totally unacceptable. His remak is totally justified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The challenge (or better the problem) is that Adobe is selling a true Beta version as a finished working professional version. Professionals can't use a beta version to work, and 7.3 is a true "beta".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines