• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost my catalog

New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop recently got wiped out when it was taken in for repair (they replaced the display) and all my lightroom stuff is gone, I had to reinstall the creative cloud and all. Is there ANY way I can recover the catalog or even the presets at least? I backed it up (when it asked "do you want to back up catalog) regularly but yeah I lost the backup.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the backup on an external hard drive? Did you have backups of your images on an external hard drive? If everything was backed up on the hard drive of the laptop, and it was "wiped out" then as far as I know it's all gone unless you have it backed up to the cloud somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they had to fix the display, there's no reason for them to do anything to the hard disk, your catalog should still be there. Did you look for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your catalog and backup(s) were on your drive and the whole drive was wiped, they're probably gone. If not, the first thing I'd do is search your whole computer (and extension drives) for  *.lrcat  -  all catalog files end with the .lrcat extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When the repair was made did they tell you they were wiping your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines