Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem (?) with NVIDIA

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX950 and I use Premiere CC 2018.

If I click on Project settings, I can choose GPU Acceleration and I have no problem in working.

But when I export (H.264) it tells me "only software - no acceleration card detected" in Encoding settings (I use it in Italian, so I don't know if it's the right name of the menu).

Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Here's the deal:

The H.264 export setting for hardware acceleration uses only the Intel Quick sync feature, and does not support CUDA or OpenCL at all. That means that only the integrated on-CPU Intel HD / UHD / Iris Graphics is officially supported for this hardware-accelerated feature. And if you are using only the discrete GPU and have the integrated graphics disabled, you cannot have hardware H.264 export acceleration at all.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the deal:

The H.264 export setting for hardware acceleration uses only the Intel Quick sync feature, and does not support CUDA or OpenCL at all. That means that only the integrated on-CPU Intel HD / UHD / Iris Graphics is officially supported for this hardware-accelerated feature. And if you are using only the discrete GPU and have the integrated graphics disabled, you cannot have hardware H.264 export acceleration at all.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I understand it, the GPU does not intervene in the coding, only in the processing of elements, effects, etc. compatible that are used in the edition.

To use hardware, you must have Intel technology:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/quick-sync-video/quick-sync-vide...

To code by GPU, you must install a plug-in:

https://www.daniel2.com/index.php/products/adobe-plugin

It uses graphical acceleration, and from what I saw it seems faster than hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines