• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Involuntary conversion of Raw to JPEG in LR

New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only shoot in raw.  I import into LR Classic.  I am working on a book, and I find that many photos I took several years ago are only retained in Jpeg form.  What happened to the Raw version? How could this be happening?  I have been through several versions of LR, but I never deliberately authorized a conversion to jPEG.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid only you would be able to provide the answer to such a question. Lightroom does not "automatically" convert images from raw to JPEG. Perhaps at some point you inadvertently set the camera to take some JPEG images. That has happened to me on a couple of occasions. But there is no situation where Lightroom would change a raw file to a JPEG and leave no trace of the original. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  It occurred to me that the reason may be that I imported photos to my laptop a long time ago, and I may have inadvertently downloaded them on to my external hardrive as JPEGS, then erased the laptop versions.

Dexter P

Contact information removed by moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for updating with this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines