• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse or Dreamweaver or Spark?

New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am trying to recreate my webpage design via Adobe products however I have no coding knowledge.  What products should I use as I have been given several stories by Adobe tech support.  They have told me all to use Spark, Muse, Dreamweaver, and so on.....  So can someone simply set me straight here.  Then how would I actually get my site live, online after the design is complete?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Muse is EOL now so it has no future.  Although tech support will continue through March 2020, it's not being updated with new features or bug fixes.  So I can't honestly recommend Muse except for quick mock-ups.

Spark is an online service hosted on Adobe's servers.  No coding skills or web hosting required.  But it's a one-trick pony -- fine for one page story telling with images, text or video.  Beyond that, it's not the right tool for building an entire website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is EOL now so it has no future.  Although tech support will continue through March 2020, it's not being updated with new features or bug fixes.  So I can't honestly recommend Muse except for quick mock-ups.

Spark is an online service hosted on Adobe's servers.  No coding skills or web hosting required.  But it's a one-trick pony -- fine for one page story telling with images, text or video.  Beyond that, it's not the right tool for building an entire website. 

Dreamweaver is for people who want to work with HTML, CSS & JavaScript code.  There's no limit to what you can build with DW if you have the technical and creative skills for it.   You will need to purchase your own domain name and web hosting plan from a commercial hosting company.   DW has a built-in FTP for uploading files to your remote server.

Adobe Portfolio  comes free with your CC subscription.   Like Spark, it's an online service hosted on Adobe's servers.  No coding skills or web hosting required.   PF is aimed at creatives who want to showcase their work online.  PF also ties in seamlessly with Behance, another online venue for creatives. 

Adobe Portfolio | Build your own personalized website

1. Sing-up
  2. Choose a Layout Theme
    Adobe Portfolio | Build your own personalized website
  3. Create a project page.  Add some text, images, videos, etc ...
    https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us
  4. Repeat with other project pages.
  5. Hit the Publish button & you're done.
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Nancy's advice. Actually, to go beyond it...

Consider Creative Cloud Dreamweaver or the whole suite as an ongoing cost of between $200 - $600 dollars. EVERY single year. Now add a one-time cost of $125 to Dreamweaver for the Harmony Page Building Tool and you have page layout capabilities that  annihilate Bootstrap in terms of automation, efficiency, and (in many people's view) quality.

I am co-founder of the company that makes Harmony, and I am proud of what it can do. Read the information. You might agree. And, if you are a non-coder, diving into Bootstrap might be similar to sitting in a pool of quicksand.

PVIIHarmony Flexbox for Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project Seven's extensions for DW are top notch with A++ customer support if you ever need it.  They are also a very good learning aid if you pay attention to the code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LawrenceKansas  wrote

They have told me all to use Spark, Muse, Dreamweaver, and so on.....  So can someone simply set me straight here.

keep looking mate, Dreamweaver, Spark and Muse are not all thats out there and I don't recommend any Adobe platfrom unless you want to learn code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not very friendly, are ye? At least give the original poster a direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  schrieb

Not very friendly, are ye? At least give the original poster a direction.

There´s no direction to be given at the route of Adobe, I guess. I´m sure it was not meant unfriendly at all but realistic and sometimes the truth hurts .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver has plugins available to make it extremely friendly to non-coders. This is inarguable.

Best Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  wrote

EOL aside, I still can't recommend Muse.  All that ease of use is hardly worth the poor code, slow loading pages and forms that don't work with PHP 7 servers.   Sooner or later, a Muse generated site will give you nothing but headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... you have (18th June) to make any temp sites on Adobe BC with Muse (or any other software)... after that is only paid sites that get saved until 2021

without the temp site option Muse is a bad idea, eol = stop using it guys

ref = https://businesscatalyst.com/#announcement-update

LawrenceKansas if you still need help, please post the url for your site or another site that has the options you want to use so we can give you real info and not guesses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't have any coding knowledge, then you might want to look elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, Dreamweaver can be used to work on existing templates, but it's going to be nearly possible to do anything else. Muse is the better option if you don't know how to code, but the code is going to be bloated, which might have a negative impact on SEO Adobe Dreamweaver Vs Muse: 9 Big Differences (Easy Winner). All the platforms have extensions that will help you to extend the functionality of your site. You can host your site with Business Catalyst. However, if I am not mistaken they are shutting down Business Catalyst in a couple years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines