Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem parsing the jpeg data

Explorer ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just finished editing photos in Lightroom CC 2018 and tried importing the photos into Photoshop CC 2018.

The images did not open but instead, I received the following message:

"Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the jpeg data"

This has never happened to me before.

These are not photos that I imported from Instagram or some such application.

They are photos shot with my camera and edited in Lightroom.

RAW images will open.

I need to edit large numbers of jpg photos in Photoshop, not just one at a time.

Can anyone help me get over this issue?

Many thanks,

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

The second error you are getting can be solved with this workaround, it may also help with the other error

Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look at this thread, it may have a solution for you

Problem Parsing the JPEG Data??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ged,

Unfortunately, there is no solution there.

I need to open a number of photos together in PS, not one by one.

It seems that since 2016, if not before, Adobe has not found a solution to this problem.

The thing is that it has just cropped up with me now.

I'm at a bit of a loss.

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem (JPGs won't open) in addition to several others. I can open PSD's but, in the middle of editing Photoshop crashes and closes. When I try to save a PSD I have been working on as a JPG, it says it can't save it because there isn't enough RAM. I have run full diagnostics on my system and there are no other problems. I can open the JPG's in any other program, but, not Photoshop. I tried un-installing and re-installing photoshop with no luck. I made sure my Windows 10 is fully up to date, but no luck. I have tried restarting my machine but no luck. I have run all Windows Diagnostics that could be related to this, with no luck. I have a Surface Pro that I bought about 6 months ago and have never had this problem until this past week. This is causing me major issues as I need to be able to do the editing for work, but, the program is completely non-functional. What is going on, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Started as soon as I updated to 19.1.4. I create collages for work and now am at a complete standstill in my production. I've tried everything you have as well with no luck. I even tried going back to the version before 19.1.2, but whatever they included in the update has screwed up all former versions as well. Come on Adobe! Fix this ASAP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is generated by Windows 10 update - 1803, after that installation the problems begun. I uninstalled the update. Unfortunatelly, Windows wil try to install and force the update for Windows Home versions. For Windows 10 Pro, we only can delay 30 days the update. I 'dont know who has resolve this issue, Microsoft or Adobe? There is the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fusiontribal  wrote

For Windows 10 Pro, we only can delay 30 days the update. I 'dont know who has resolve this issue, Microsoft or Adobe? There is the question.

Hi

With Windows 10 Pro you can defer feature updates for up to 365 day. Go to Settings > Update and Security > Advanced Options

Untitled.jpg

You will still receive Security updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right. For Windows 10 Pro we can delay 365 days.

Another issue is we can not use "Save for web..."

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-06 17.18.46.png

and the error for Performance preferences:

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-06 17.17.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second error you are getting can be solved with this workaround, it may also help with the other error

Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just this was the solution for all the issues!

It resolve:

Parsing the jpeg data

"Save for web..."

Error for Performance preferences

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm not willing to play with the Registry or delay updates is there a solution to this problem, as I am paying for a subscription to Photoshop that I can't actually use - and am getting very behind with my study commitments so I do need a solution asap.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aliciar53424671  wrote

If I'm not willing to play with the Registry or delay updates is there a solution to this problem, as I am paying for a subscription to Photoshop that I can't actually use - and am getting very behind with my study commitments so I do need a solution asap.

Thank you

If you're not willing to do the registry fix then you will have to wait until Adobe release a fix, as far as I'm aware there will be a fix available in version 19.1.5 but I'm not exactly sure when that will be released.

You have to remember that it was Microsoft that caused the issue in the first place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically I have to wait until Adobe think it is necessary to fix this problem whilst I pay monthly to use a product that doesn't work because I followed simple due-diligence practices by keeping my software and running system up to date.

Software made to function on a Windows platform should work with a Windows platform.  If I had purchased product and it was out of date then I would expect it not to work - however I have purchased an ongoing subscription and expect that software to work whilst I am paying said subscription.

I would appreciate someone from Adobe to contact me regarding compensation for the time that I cannot use the subscription software I am paying for - and as it is nearly impossible to contact Adobe this seems to be the only means of requesting contact.

due-diligence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen. C'mon Adobe. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me  Under Edit in Photoshop cs6 I went to preferences selected "File Handling" and clicked "Camera Raw Preferences" and the bottom under JPG and TIFF handling click the drop downs and select "Automatically open all supported jpgs" same for TIFF save and photo open in camera raw click open image it opens in Photoshop and save the you can open it with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After reading everybody's complicated responses, this one simple thing fixed the parsing problem! Change the camera raw preferences to open all supported jpgs.  This fixed the problem on cs6 & windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say thank you to Adobe for fixing the problem, I appreciate the effort it took and am happy with the results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any new solutions? I have a subscription for photoshop cc 2015. It was working great a week or so ago and then I got the windows update. HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines