• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch process for smart sharpening in LR using PS

Contributor ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS there is a filter called smart sharpening that in my view can more or less compensate for the standard filter in Canon DSLR models other than 5DS R that actually results in sharpness loss in High end telepictures.

I use it from out of LR by using PS from out of  'edit in PS', and in PS 'filter/smart sharpening'.

Because I use it for almost all tele pictures of birds and other magnified objects with high sharpness needs, I would like to Batch process the filter feature 'smart sharpening' in PS from out of LR. After which I have to close and save the picture in PS to get it back in LR. It would be easier to throw the inapplicables away than doing the described one-by-one to see if it is applicable, like I do now.

Is there a batch process option in LR that allows edit in PS of more than one picture resulting in PS processed pictures in LR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look at a workflow like this:

First highlight a number of images in LR. Testing might tell how many you can do at one time.

Right click / Edit in / Open as smart object in Photoshop.

Then save them all.

Then go here: Process a batch of Photoshop files

Batch process your Photoshop files with your sharpen filter.

I have -not- tried this!  Experiment with say five at a time to make sure it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer to your question would be Ps-"Droplets"- IF, and only IF, you can get them to work!! I have never been able to use droplets. (Maybe I am not defining them correctly).

John Beardsworth has a blog that explains how to use droplets. His procedure is for converting multiple images to Greyscale in Ps. You would be applying an Ps-Action to do the sharpening.

John's link- Grayscale mode and droplets – Lightroom Solutions

Or, with some manual input:

Export Multiple selected photos with the Export dialog setting {Post Processing > After Export > Open in Photoshop}, then apply an Action that sharpens (as an adjustment layer), saves and closes each image from Ps.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines