• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tone Curve/Point curve custom presets missing after updating to LR Classic 7.3

Advocate ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have two custom curve presets showing under the Linear, Medium Contrast, and Strong Contrast choices in the Point Curve dropdown menu. After updating to LR Classic 7.3 (macOS High Sierra 10.13.3), they are gone. As far as I can see, the files (.xmp) are still in their original directory (User/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Curves) but they do not show up in the menu. Interestingly, I created a new custom curve profile in LR Classic 7.3, and that one shows up fine, and its corresponding .xmp file is in the above-mentioned directory, right next to the ones that do not show up. How do I get the old ones to show up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

I've just created a new Tone Curve Preset and it loads into User Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Curves

I've 2 other ones there from pre LR7 too, so it a bit strange that they're not loading.

Here's what I suggest: Move the files out of the Curves folder. Restart Lightroom. Move them back. Restart Lightroom again.

If it doesn't work I have an alternative suggestion.

Create a new Tone Curve preset-just make any random change to the curve and save it. Open a missing preset and the new

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RafaelAviles,

This issue should be resolved in Lightroom 7.3.1 that went live today.

Please update Lightroom Classic CC to 7.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Lightroom Classic CC. See Update Creative Cloud apps

Feel free to share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

The update did not fix my problem. My curve presets are still missing from the dropdown menu in Curves. I do not even see a way to import them, or to create new ones. I am talking specifically about the Curves presets, not the Develop or Import presets.

Rafael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rafael,

Could you please share a screenshot of presets after expanding the curve presets.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The “NewsReala” preset shown is one that I managed to create at some point after I first updated LR to 7.3.1 back in April. It is not the same as what I had before.

My settings are to have LR store presets in the Catalog. I can see the Develop Presets in a folder Lightroom>Lightroom Settings>Settings>User Presets, but I don’t see any of the Tone Curve Presets that I used to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Lightroom 7.3.1 update, the presets location has changed to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw

And for curves, the location would be: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Curves

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

As I stated in my original post, I am on a Mac computer (macOS High Sierra 10.13.3). What would be the locations in this case?

Rafael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rafael,

Please find the below location for Lightroom Classic CC (7.3.1) presets in mac.

User Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera raw/settings/Users Presets

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mohit. Unfortunately, that location does not have the Tone Curve Presets, only the Develop Presets. The old Tone Curve Presets are still in the User Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Curves folder and they have the .xmp extension, but they are not visible/available in the Tone Curve dropdown menu, as I have shown in the screen grab above.

How do i get LR to recognize/use those Tone Curve presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem?

there is a solution?

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just created a new Tone Curve Preset and it loads into User Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Curves

I've 2 other ones there from pre LR7 too, so it a bit strange that they're not loading.

Here's what I suggest: Move the files out of the Curves folder. Restart Lightroom. Move them back. Restart Lightroom again.

If it doesn't work I have an alternative suggestion.

Create a new Tone Curve preset-just make any random change to the curve and save it. Open a missing preset and the new one in a text editor.

From the old one copy everything from

<rdf:Description

down to

</rdf:Description>

And then paste it in the same place in the new one, overwriting the settings. Save the file. Restart Lightroom.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Sean. Creating a new Tone Curve preset and then modifying it as you suggests solved the problem for me.

I would like to point out that care must be taken when pasting the new section (<rdf:Description ... </rdf:Description>) into the new preset - there are several sections for the individual Tone Curves (R, G, B, and others) in the new presets. In my case, it only worked if I copied the old settings into the section that begins with  <crs:ToneCurvePV2012>.

Rafael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines