• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After updated to C4, recording is not picking up drop down menus

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously, I recall being able to record clicking on a menu item and having a drop down appear, even when not in full motion recording mode. Now C4 is refusing to do that. It seems like when I click on something in my program other than the main screen, it just stops. If I try using Full Motion Recording, the mouse shuffles and jerks along like a zombie. I lowered my resolution as far as it would go. What am I doing wrong?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you attempting to use any of the new panning features? I believe I encounter similar behavior if I enable panning.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recording features can be setup in the Settings and you might want to try some of the different options. The best way to guarantee a combo-box or menu recording is to press the Prt-Sc key to force a capture. Once you do a few of these, the pattern will become natural to you and you can force those screen prints as needed. Delete any duplicates when reviewing and editing your slides once you are done recording.

In Recording Settings - Do you have Capture Interim Screenshot enabled?

Hope this helps

Joe C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am also experiencing great difficulty to capture in FMR mode. I have two monitors and when I press F9 to initiate full motion recording mode, Captivate just locks up. I am currently working with the Adobe Captivate team to get this issue addressed.

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I am also experiencing great difficulty to capture in FMR mode. I have two
> monitors and when I press F9 to initiate full motion recording mode,
> Captivate
> just locks up. I am currently working with the Adobe Captivate team to get
> this
> issue addressed.

Are you trying to capture both monitors at once?

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KimuraCarter,

In the preferences dialog(shift + F8 should launch the preference dialog in Cp4), at Recording->Settings, uncheck the "capture interim screenshot" checkbox. Now try recording your scenario. Hope this should help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2010 Aug 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has happened to me as well and has been very frustrating. I have  figured out that if I click the magnifying glass (or other drop down  key) without clicking on the text box first then the recording  continues.  If i click the text box and THEN select the drop down box,  BOOM the hammer of recording's end slams down upon thee..

Okay it may not be that dramatic, but it can feel that way after a project drops dead on you that way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources