• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot display remote folder when using WebDAV with CS4

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently moved to Media3.net servers.  We use WebDAV to connect to the Media3 server. I have several users with different versions of Dreamweaver.  I have no problem connecting and working with CS5.5 and CS6 but Dreamweaver CS4 is getting an error.  In all versions, using the same set of credentials and all settings the same, using the TEST BUTTON, I get "Dreamweaver connected to your Web server successfully".  However in CS4, after the successful test, when I actually connect to the site and attempt to display the remote folders/files, I get "Cannot display the remote folder:  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.  ...etc."

Using same settings, same credentials, same server - only difference is version of Dreamweaver.  Ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you connect with a dedicated FTP client like Filezilla?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has not been tested, but I assume so.  The specific problem is between CS4 using Webdav to connect to Media3.net.  CS5 has no problem with the connection.  Media3 says they just do not support CS4 but give no reason.  I am trying to find out why it doesn't work in order to possibly find a way to make it work so the user does not have to upgrade to a new version of DW.  (they are quite different)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I cannot help you.  CS4 is outdated, no longer sold or supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no differences between the FTP process for CS4 and CS5. The problem must be elsewhere. Have you tried exiting the local firewall and anti-virus software?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I asked if it works with Filezilla. 

If it doesn't work, something other than DW is amiss.

If it does work, then the CS4 user has another way to transfer files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  It appears that this host is not allowing any FTP connections, only WebDAV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines