Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Previews Only - Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I was just wondering if there is a way for me to sync only smart previews while working with Lightroom Classic?

So far I have my main desktop with both Lightroom Classic synced to the cloud with the originals downloaded, now I just want my laptop to be sync'd as well but only download the smart previews only like CC?

My laptop doesn't have enough storage for the originals...

Thank-you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your post I think I am doing what you ask-

My Desktop computer runs LR-Classic v7.3.1,

I make Collections that I sync to the Cloud (these are Smart Previews)

I run Lightroom-CC v1.3 on my laptop and it shows me the photos from the Collections.

I have a choice in the Lightroom-CC preferences to Download the Smart Previews, or not at all.

Note:

LR-Classic will only sync Smart Previews (Not originals in the Desktop) to the Cloud.

LR-Classic will only sync files you place in Collections (not necessarily the entire Library!)

My option is 'on' to download the Smart Previews to my laptop for faster viewing:

ScreenShot007.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have that same setup already, but I want something similar to CC where my laptop is able to download the Smart Previews only.

When I turn on the sync function in Classic it starts downloading the full originals, and it doesn't give me an option to download smart previews only..

Thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand what you ask-

With LR-Classic (desktop) you can only sync Smart Previews UP to the 'Cloud'. You cannot sync them DOWN to use with another Classic installation (Laptop). (but you can with Lightroom-CC on the laptop!)

To Classic-edit only with SPs on the laptop you would need to "Export as a Catalog- with SPs" from the desktop and copy this catalog to the laptop.

When I turn on the sync function in Classic

Where is this? Desktop or Laptop? You can only sync one Classic catalog to the cloud and that would normally be the desktop.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

exactly same problem here, please let me kno if you can figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines