Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe programs and Silhouette Cameo

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm not quite sure I have the right Adobe program for what I am looking to do.  I have a Silhouette Cameo - a vinyl cutter to cut iron on vinyl designs to make shirts.  I spoke to a gentleman from Adobe and told him what I was looking for. He told me InDesign.  I'm not sure if this is what I need.  What I want is to be able to have access to various designs (i.e.: baseball, sports designs) able to edit some of them (change colors, add font, font features, etc).   I don't want to make my own designs - just looking for access to the already made designs/photos and add some touches to the design.  I see where Adobe has Adobe Stock.  Is this more down my line of what I need (can I edit the photos from Stock), or is the InDesign what I need.  I need to be able to get the images sent over to my Silhouette Cameo so I can cut the vinyl design.  I sure appreciate any help. I'm new to all of this and getting frustrated with myself. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Hi,

I have done similar work in the past and illustrator was the best option for me. Check the compatibility of the processing (cutting) system.

There are a lot of websites with vector designs to download (some free, some to pay). Vector design has the advantage to always have sharp edges, easy to update (colours, shapes...) and can be exported in formats that would be compatible with your processing application (eps, pdf...).

illustrator is also great to place an image (photo) and trace over (by h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I don't thinks you'll be able to do all of what you need in Indesign.

able to edit some of them (change colors, add font, font features, etc)

You'll be able to do limited things in Indesign regarding this, add fonts yes, but to edit colours etc you'll need Illustrator (vector images ) or Photoshop (bitmap images)

(can I edit the photos from Stock)

Never bought anything from there, but if it's like any other royalty free sites then you'd be able to edit them

I need to be able to get the images sent over to my Silhouette Cameo

That all depends on how the machine talks to your computer (does SC have it's own software or is is it sent the machine to process the same way as you print to a desktop printer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have done similar work in the past and illustrator was the best option for me. Check the compatibility of the processing (cutting) system.

There are a lot of websites with vector designs to download (some free, some to pay). Vector design has the advantage to always have sharp edges, easy to update (colours, shapes...) and can be exported in formats that would be compatible with your processing application (eps, pdf...).

illustrator is also great to place an image (photo) and trace over (by hand or automatically) to extract the outlines you need.

Best of luck and remember to have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is the best bet. You can export files as .dxf files that you import directly into Silhouette Studio if you have the basic version, and the Premium version of Silhouette Studio will import other Illustrator file formats as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For most of the things you need, especially working with vector drawings, most Adobe programs can solve: Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks ...

There is also the "Designer" version of Silhouette Studio, which can help because of the amount of features.

Regards,

Fabiano

Visit us: http://www.docesilhouette.epizy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines