• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to register LR 4.4

New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Major problems with my principle PC has left me spending half a day of trying to set up my backup PC with an installation of LR 4.4. Attempts to register via the existing installed application* continually produce the infuriating response that the program is unable to contact the Adobe site. There's nothing wrong with my connection: even with the firewall off the same thing happens. DOZENS of times.

How do I manage to insert my serial number into the backup installation? I can't even register the software!!!!

* I have recently been plagued by BSOD crashes caused by Lightroom. I have a fully patched Win 10 64 machine with 8 Gb RAM and a 6-core AMD processor (albeit a bit elderly, like me...)

Any help would be appreciated, from anyone who has an answer.

Roy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't much point in registering Lightroom 4.4 because that version isn't supported by Adobe anymore. I don't know this for sure, but I'm guessing that the link provided to register that old of a version might not even be valid anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can enter the serial and use LR without registering.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe me I've searched for it!

Many suggestions on where to locate it but none deliver...

Please tell me where I can find it.

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't there some menu command under Help in LR 4 that allows you to register/enter serial number/(or whatever the word is)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a word, no

Adobe...

this is what happens when companies achieve something close to a monopoly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you first start LR after a new installation it comes up with a dialog that wants your serial, and if it is an upgrade serial also a serial of an older version. This dialog comes up on every start until you enter the needed data.

You can skip the rest of the dialog where you enter your name and what not for registration.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines