Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify Face-aware filter causes error: AIF internal exception

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Liquify face-aware filter requires GPU acceleration, but when I turn this on in Edit->Preferences->Performance I get an AIF internal execption error message. Interestingly, it works with Version 19.0, but not with the current version 19.1.2, so it can't be my hardware, right? (I haven't tried out every version in between to find out when it starts to break down). Is this a bug where we need to hope that this going to be fixed for next version?

thanks

Arno

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Hi Arnok
I have not seen that problem here - but 19.1.2 is not the current version. There was an update to 19.1.3 recently, so it may be worth trying that.
Also try a preference reset after updating, if the update does not resolve it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnok
I have not seen that problem here - but 19.1.2 is not the current version. There was an update to 19.1.3 recently, so it may be worth trying that.
Also try a preference reset after updating, if the update does not resolve it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

thanks, wasn't aware of the new version, now it runs. Not sure what the issue was, maybe stupid user 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this same issue did you find out what caused it.

I am running 19.1.3

When I convert an image to a smart object and try to use liquify I get the AIF internal exception (this is with graphics acceleration on )

When I turn off graphics acceleration and try to open a smart object liquify starts to open but hangs when the progress bar is almost complete. It hangs, you can't cancel or exit.

I can use liquify on a normal layer (not smart object)

Please help Abobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kiding me? ANOTHER POST FLAGED AS SOLVED?!

WHY THE HELL?! Is this a solution?! A lot of people still have this problem, and just because incidentally worked for this specifical user you flag it as "SOLVED"?

I've never used new PS functions because of those bugs, grats Adobe for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you cared to look at the thread, Dave's reply to the original question was the correct answer at that time, the next post confirmed that, the post after that wasn't posted until May

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cared to look the post
Didn't noticed the date though, I'm sorry. I hope a proper fix exists, because it's annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

The original poster can mark their issue answered correctly if they are satisfied that it has been resolved to their satifaction. It is their prerogative - their thread. The option to mark correct is also open to moderators and Adobe staff.

If you are experiencing this issue with the current version (now 19.1.4)  then try the following :

a. Check your GPU driver is up to date. If the symptoms started following a previous driver update then check the driver before that date. GPU drivers are updated frequently for the gaming world an unfortunately do frequently introduce bugs.
Switching the GPU on/off in preferences and restarting Photoshop can help in locating a GPU issue.

b. Try resetting preferences. The preference file in Photoshop contains more than just the user preferences. It is written every time Photoshop closes and, if there is a crash, can become corrupt.

c. If still no joy, go to Help>System info - click copy and paste the info here. It may give us a clue as to why you are having such issues on your system

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its great to see Adobe Community Professional's checking the message boards and contributing.

Its a bit of a stretch to say that just because the user upgraded to 19.1.3 and the issue went away that that the software issue was indeed the correct fix, (unless you are saying there was a known issue with 19.1.2 which doesn't seem to be the case) especially after I presented new information.

In my case a graphics card driver update was required.

Additionally, the Adobe help files that suggest how to determine if the graphics card is causing issues are incorrect. They say that disabling graphics card from within Photoshop is the way to determine if the problem is caused by the graphics card.

During help desk investigation we determined that the graphics card must be disabled from Windows with PS closed.

Hope that helps other users with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines