• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 won't reinstall, and no diagnostic log files

New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having wiped and reinstalled my hard drive (Mac OS 10.12.6), I'm trying to reinstall CS5 Photoshop and others. I have the serial number. The installer refuses to open (Error message: '“Install” is on the disk image “Photoshop_12_LS1.dmg”. Firefox downloaded this disk image today at 11:17 from trials2.adobe.com.')

I've looked for the Adobe installer diagnostic files in /Library/Logs, but there is no Adobe folder or file.

What might I do next?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Daveb47780543, you should be able to install Creative Suite 5 on macOS 10.12.6.  Based on the error you posted in message #2 it appears you are double-clicking on the Install Unix Executable.  Please make sure to drag the Install Unix Executable to the open Terminal window instead.

Please see the help documented referenced by Bani in message #1 and #3 of this public discussion.  The directions for CS 5.5, CS5, and CS4 can be found towards the bottom of the page.  For more details see Installing Creative Suite on a new Mac or macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daveb47780543,

As you have mentioned you are trying to install Adobe Creative Suite 5 on Mac OS Sierra, however the installer fails to launch.

Please be aware that Creative Suite applications are not supported on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and therefore, many of the Creative Suite installers may not function normally on macOS 10.12.

CS5 is a pretty old software and Adobe has not tested it on any of the latest operating systems. Hence it may or may not work, you may also have compatibility issues.

However you may try installing the product using the work around given here: Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra).

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bani. I've tried what you suggest, following the CS5 route and attempting to open the installer in Terminal. Unfortunately, same outcome: ""Install can't be opened. You should eject the disc image"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daveb47780543 sorry about that, as I have mentioned earlier CS5 is a pretty old software and Adobe has not tested it on any of the latest operating systems. Hence it may or may not work.

Steps given here: Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) , is the only work around to install the product, if this doesn't help then I would suggest using an older operating system or upgrading to Adobe Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daveb47780543, you should be able to install Creative Suite 5 on macOS 10.12.6.  Based on the error you posted in message #2 it appears you are double-clicking on the Install Unix Executable.  Please make sure to drag the Install Unix Executable to the open Terminal window instead.

Please see the help documented referenced by Bani in message #1 and #3 of this public discussion.  The directions for CS 5.5, CS5, and CS4 can be found towards the bottom of the page.  For more details see Installing Creative Suite on a new Mac or macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later , Daveb47780543 where this topic has been discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, both, for taking the time with this. Sorry if my message 2 was unclear, but I followed the CS5 route described in Bani's link and did drag the install Unix Executable into the open Terminal window - with the negative outcome I quoted.

I've reverted to using my other copy of CS5 on my imac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daveb47780543, can you please post a screenshot of the error message that you are currently experiencing?  Information on how to post a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff and Bani, My apologies, my error. I had dragged the exe file onto Terminal in the Finder window, rather than opening Terminal first. It has installed now. However...... it won't accept my serial number, which was working on this machine until I purged the hard drive recently and has always worked for my other copy on my iMac. I suspect it's the wrong Adobe version I've downloaded. That's where the Adobe site is so confusing - my serial number is not displaying in my account, and I can't find the appropriate CS5 file to download - keep going round in circles.

Aaaaargh!

But thanks for your accurate responses.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave, thanks for the update and sorry that this is a frustrating process.  Unfortunately, the workaround in Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)  became necessary with the release of macOS 10.12.

I reviewed the e-mail address you used to post to this public forum discussion but do not see any software titles registered, Dave.  If you already have your serial number then see if you can complete the registration process discussed in Find your serial number .

If you are unable to register the serial number then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care .  Please be prepared with an alternate e-mail addresses or phone numbers that may have been used to register Creative Suite 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. CS5 worked on that OS before I had to wipe the hard drive (for another reason, probably caused by MS Office). Looks like updating OS on top of already installed CS5 works, but not vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines