Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

something i don't understand. sharpness

New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something i dont understand,

I have some Photos in Lightroom and now i clik edit in photoshop .. and the picture gos over to photoshop, now i do my work and clik on export and i export it for facebook setings or print setings to my desktop. and the sharpness is good..

So now comes the thing i don't understand,

Stil in Photoshop, and i am cliking on Save and the photoshop save the work to Lightroom , and from Lightroom export it to desktop with the same settings as i dit in photoshop and the shapness is less its not as sharp .. from Photoshop

how is that?

It's the same as when i do for Print 

i normal do import to LR then  picture to PS work, PS to LR export, less sharpness 

The reason i normal import my pictures to LR was for having my photos all in one plance and sometimes i work with Lightroom after my work in PS.

what i am doing that is off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ibl,

We're sorry to hear about this, as the images are losing sharpness, could you please let us know which exact versions of Photoshop and Lightroom you're working on and which operating system you're using? Also, what image format are you working on?

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and Lightroom and let us know if that helps?

Preferences Reset Photoshop - https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Preferences Reset Lightroom - https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Windows 10 all updated

2. Lightroom Classic version: 7.3.1

3. Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.4

The problem is not from Photoshop.

The problem is from LR

1. Import photo ( RAW )  into LR. right clik on a picture, pick eddit in photohop ( work on the pictiure 16bit )

Now if you export the picture to settings 2048pix from Photoshop . no problems anything looks good

but when you clik Save and gos back to Lighroom and dont not work on the picture right clik on the picture

and export it, with the same settings 2048pix its less sharp

So i made a test. i toke a picture RAW

import to LR edit in PS back to LR export it for print again less sharp

my pc is a I5-8400 4,3GHz 16GB windows 10 home vision 1803 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't compare sharpness at any other zoom ratio than 100%, or 1:1. This means one image pixel is represented by exactly one screen pixel.

At any other zoom ratio you see a scaled and resampled version on screen. Different applications use different resampling algorithms for this, and so the results on screen are usually different. Always view at 100% when judging sharpness!

To get a clearer picture of what's happening, it's important to understand that your photos are not in Lightroom. They are out there on disk, where every application can access them. Lightroom just keeps a reference to it in the catalog - it knows where the file is, so it can fetch it to make changes if required.

If no changes are made, there's no point in exporting it once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At any other zoom ratio you see a scaled and resampled version on screen. Different applications use different resampling algorithms for this, and so the results on screen are usually different.  Always view at 100% when judging sharpness!

commen senes as we dont know that

To get a clearer picture of what's happening, it's important to understand that your photos are not in Lightroom. They are out there on disk, where every application can access them. Lightroom just keeps a reference to it in the catalog - it knows where the file is, so it can fetch it to make changes if required.

also we know this also commen senes, you talking to it engineer for the last 24 years

If no changes are made, there's no point in exporting it once again.

i use RL as for keeping photos and also if i need to twist things.. ofc again there is no o point in exporting it once again.

anyone know this.... the reason why i wanned export in LR and PS to with the same total same export settings to make a test..

There's a Quality setting when you export from Photoshop. It may apply additional sharpening. Maybe that's the case?

What kind of Export function are you using in Photoshop?

all the settings are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You keep saying "all the settings are the same". That is meaningless. The export, scaling and compression processes are different in Lightroom and Photoshop.

So what are the exact settings in each?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from Lightroom export it to desktop with the same settings as i dit in photoshop

Hi

There are so many variables here that without more information no-one can really help.

What is the exact Export process and settings you used from Photoshop and the exact settings you used to export from Lightroom.

Have you reduced the size (the algorithms in Photoshop and Lightroom are different)?

Have you used the jpeg format in export - the compression settings are different?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

There are so many variables here that without more information no-one can really help.

Indeed. That's why I tried to rewind a bit to clarify the basic concepts here. I think the OP is complicating this unnecessarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a Quality setting when you export from Photoshop. It may apply additional sharpening. Maybe that's the case?

What kind of Export function are you using in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines