• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mogrt issues - copy paste, global changes?

LEGEND ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started a project using Premiere Titles and got a question: in premiere is there a way to copy paste text attributes from one motion graphics title to another?

I want this so I could keep the text itself.

I see I can create a master style but this only the typeface and color. I want to copy transform properties from one title to another. isn't there an easy way to do that?

​paste attributes ignores the transform of a text layer in the EGP. I see no way of copy paste transform properties from one text layer clip to another.

​nothing in the adobe help address this.

Example: If I created a simple credit title, duplicated it a few times in the timeline (changing the text) and then I see I need to actually make it smaller and with drop shadow. No way to so this for all the layers at once? Or copy paste just these changed properties to all the text clips so the text remains but properties will change?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

so after giving up on making global changes easy for multiple mogrt clips made in Premiere, I tested 2 other ways for doing titles for premiere:

1. Ae's Live Text Template - create an Ae composition with one text title and import that composition to Premiere
2. Ae's Mogrt - add the source text to the EGP, export Mogrt, import to Premiere using the EGP.

guess what? once again LLT wins. I can update my Ae comp and immediately see the change in Pr (don't even have to save!, but I'd better so if Ae clo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so after giving up on making global changes easy for multiple mogrt clips made in Premiere, I tested 2 other ways for doing titles for premiere:

1. Ae's Live Text Template - create an Ae composition with one text title and import that composition to Premiere
2. Ae's Mogrt - add the source text to the EGP, export Mogrt, import to Premiere using the EGP.

guess what? once again LLT wins. I can update my Ae comp and immediately see the change in Pr (don't even have to save!, but I'd better so if Ae closes). now in Premiere. I can duplicate my titles, change the text in Premiere's ECP. and anything else - do in Ae. including Animation BTW.

if I do it the Ae Mogrt way. I would have to re-export the mogrt each time, and replace all the clips in premiere (now with the new Alt+drag, I can do it globally)

so, as long as all the text titles need to have the same general properties, and I don't have to be specific in editing each one's formatting and only want a global formatting or transformation change, the LLT is very fast and good. I can add a drop shadow in premiere for some of them or change the color if I need to.

a year since Adobe launched Mogrt, still needs to be more robust for accommodating global changes.

LTT Rules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Roei Tzoref

I got confused when you said at the end 'i can add a drop shadow in premiere'. Your question/point above was "then I see I need to actually make it smaller and with drop shadow" No way to so this for all the layers at once?"

So, can you [also] add the drop shadow in AE and see the global change in PP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, can you [also] add the drop shadow in AE and see the global change in PP?

yes, I can do that. but then all the layers have drop shadow and if I want to tint them or remove the drop shadow, I can't.

so using the LLT from Ae for just the text and its formatting (font, tracking and such) and transformations (position, scale) while leaving the rest for premiere for more individual controls (drop shadow, tint to change color) gives me the versatility I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines