• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign update CC 13.0

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've updated to the latest version of Indesign through CC but it's still not allowing me to open files created in version 13.0. Help!

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re going to need to explain exactly what’s going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC2018 is version 13.0, so from which version are you trying to open.

Have you tried Saving the earlier version as an IDML document and then open this with version CC2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the swift responses guys. I'm on the most up to date version of Indesign available on my CC subscription. Which is (2017). However a designer I'm working with has updated her subscription , and when I try to open files from her her I get the below error message. I guess that if she is on 13.0 and that is 2018 this explains things, but how come she has got 2018 and I haven't...?

Obviously I could use idml, but it's a bit messy, I'd rather just be on the same version.

thanks in advance!

J

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 13.22.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download InDesign CC2018, which is now available as part of your subscription (perhaps keep CC2017 in case you have issues with the latest version, which you can do under Advance Options in the Creative Cloud app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Because you didn’t update to CC2018, yet, meaning that you are NOT on the most up to date version.

Open the CC desktop app and update to CC2018 but as Derek notes, it’s not a bad idea to check the advanced options and uncheck the option to delete the previous version.

If CC2018 is not available to you, be sure your computer will support it. On Mac that means 10.11 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Bob said about the Advanced Options make sure that "Import previous settings and preferences" is also unchecked. Keeping old preferences has caused a lot of problems since the new version came out. See screen shot:

INSTALL ID.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bill+Silbert  wrote

INSTALL ID.png

Hi together,

just a note on the screenshot Bill has posted:

I learned the other day that there is a bug with InDesign or the Creative Cloud Desktop app regarding the option "[ ] Import previous settings and preferences". It seems that at least for CC 2018.1 this option is enabled in every case. Ticked or not.

If you do not want previous settings and preferences it would be wise first to install CC 2018.0, s tart it at least one time, quit the app and then save the preferences. After that install CC 2018.1, throw away the preferences and then restore old prefs from CC 2018.0.

Regards,
Uwe

(Link modified by the Moderator ^VS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

That is disturbing news indeed. I just want to point out that the posts that I wrote about this for both InDesign and Illustrator—which have become part of the InDesign and Illustrator FAQ at the beginning of their respective forums—mostly deal with what to do if you have actually installed using this option. Apparently that now includes just about everybody. The posts can be found at: CC 2018 InDesign—Don't Import previous settings and preferences and CC 2018 Illustrator—Don't Import previous settings and preferences .

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

yes. I had an issue with the legacy paragraph shading color and was only able to solve the problem with what I wrote in my reply above. My InDesign installation always moved the shading color over from CC 2017.1 to CC 2018.1. And with that also the problem that if I removed that color from a document and copied/pasted text from an app like TextEdit introduced the color again. Weird thing. Now, that's over and solved…

Details here:

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue which is why I found this post. My CC subscription is telling me I am up to date with my Adobe programs but my colleague has downloaded the 2018 13.0 update so I know I'm behind on my versions. I've tried the "Check for updates" option in the menu and it's not reporting any updates. Is there some other way to get the most up to date version?Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 9.34.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be appearing in your Creative Cloud Desktop under the Apps category. If it is not there try signing out and then signing in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You first need to check if you meet the system requirements for latest InDesign.InDesign system requirements

If you do, then sign out and then sign back in the Creative Cloud application.

Let us know your findings

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered my issue and I think it might apply to OP as well. When I looked in my Applications folder the latest versions of Adobe were in there and I needed to update the apps in my doc, I completely forgot to do this. Hopefully this helps OP as well! Thanks for everyone's help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to update your InDesign from CC2017 to CC2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not given the option for the 2018 version, my all my students seem to be on it. We're all part of the same license and I can't open their files to evaluate. What's going on? help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that your operating system is El Capitan or above. If it is not then you will have to upgrade your OS before you can upgrade to CC 2018. If your OS is OK then try signing out of Creative Cloud and then try signing back in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

October 2017 release of InDesign CC is not supported on Windows 10 version 1507

Go To Command prompt and type "ver"

The build number corresponding to 1507 is Version 10.0.10240

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and yes, we are running the Windows version that is not supported. So what now? Will we ever be able to update to a newer version, or Is that the end of our updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what’s keeping you from moving to Win 10 build 1803? It was just releases and contains a lot of improvements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not within my control. I work for the state and software updates are not my department.

I did however get a hold of my contact in desktop support and he wanted me to ask what base OS are you using? Is it one of these three?

CB

CBB
LTSB

All of this is unfamiliar to me so I am typing what he asked. He also said that he would be happy to talk directly if need be, in order to get the information necessary for him to look into this further.

I have another question that may or may not be related.

I can no longer get to my CC assets. The CC app says that files are up to date and still syncing but a yellow/orange bar at the bottom of the window says that they are currently unavailable and to try back later. Most likely it is on my end but I wanted to check in first and see if it might be related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have absolutely no idea what that means.

The current version of Windows 10 is 1803. You can look that up in your settings under the “About” tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines