• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling the puppet so that it can be recorded

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to take a puppet that I have and scale it so that when I record it, it is captured in the scene. Right now it is cutting off the head of my puppet. Is there a way to size the scene manually or fit the puppet so that you can see entire puppet within a scene? I'm sure it is a simple fix but I am new and don't know it.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Hi!

Thank you! I finally figured it out. My properties panel was not visible. I

finally got it to work.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 11:48 PM, alank99101739 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The puppet “Tranform” behavior, over in the puppet properties panel, has a “Scale” setting that defaults to 100%. If your puppet does not fit in the scene (mine frequently don’t), adjust the scale value appropriately. In the timeline panel, click on the puppet and the properties should come up. Look for “Transform” and expand that group. Make sure the scale is *not* activated (if no red dot next to the value, then you are changing the default for the puppet - if the red dot is visible meaning you have activated it for recording, then you must record the value or else it will be lost)

You may also need to adjust the anchor X and Y values to position the scaled down puppet. (There are two sets of X/Y values - one is applied before scaling, the other after scaling. Normally it does not matter which you pick, but I normally use Position X/Y for recording movements of puppets in the scene, so use the other X/Y pair for getting the initial position of the puppet correct. But it does not really matter.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you! I finally figured it out. My properties panel was not visible. I

finally got it to work.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 11:48 PM, alank99101739 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help! I finally got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines