• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeing a cross-reference on the screen

Participant ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not checked every cross-reference type, but most of my cross-references cannot be easily spotted unless specifically selected in the Cross-References panel. It appears the only one I can spot is the page number, as it has a light blue box around it. I don't see a preference for any kind of highlighting, nor even a Find option, if I just want to blast through a file and find them.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Two ways to view your cross-refererences:

(1) In the Cross-References panel, you'll see a list of your cross-references. When you highlight one, the left arrow (at the bottom left of the panel) takes you to the source of the cross-reference, and the right arrow takes you to the destination of the cross-reference. So you can click on each successive cross-reference in the panel.

(2) To better see the cross-reference source, view the story in the Story Editor (Edit > Story Editor) as shown below.

InDesign CC006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the InDesign and OS version your using?

Did you create a specific text formatting style for your cross references?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. InDesign CC 13.1 for Mac

2. No . . . but besides the Story Editor, this made me think of a way: Make a color named CrossRef, say, red, then redefine it to black before printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a script that navigates cross-refs. I didn't get to finish it, if you are interested I could finish it off.

P.

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 17.11.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool and thanks, but I think I'm good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pcikory, have you ever finished this script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ways to view your cross-refererences:

(1) In the Cross-References panel, you'll see a list of your cross-references. When you highlight one, the left arrow (at the bottom left of the panel) takes you to the source of the cross-reference, and the right arrow takes you to the destination of the cross-reference. So you can click on each successive cross-reference in the panel.

(2) To better see the cross-reference source, view the story in the Story Editor (Edit > Story Editor) as shown below.

InDesign CC006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines