• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying blue banner won't go away!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update, Indesign keeps displaying 'hints' in a screen-width blue banner that will not go away! I click on it and nothing happens. There is no 'X' on it. I have tried several different sized screens but it still stretches to infinity across the screen. I have restarted the app, restarted the MacBook Pro, searched the Preferences, but still have the banner across the top of my workspace.

The latest one says "You can also use InDesign's new Endnote feature to create references"

I DON'T CARE!

I've even clicked on the Endnote feature to prove that I can read, but it's STILL THERE.

Please! Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 2.25.52 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you clicked on the endnote feature did you close InDesign and reopen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

These are IAMs(In app messages).

Closing them once, will disable them unless you clean your cache and preferences.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Closing them once..."

HOW?

I realise I'm just a stupid Adobe user, who's been a user since adopting Pagemaker in the '80s, but I would expect an 'X' or a CLOSE button, but sadly the geniuses at Adobe forgot to include it. Eiterh than or a DISABLE MESSAGES option in Preferences. This stupid little bug cost me an hour of productivity; half an hour trying to rid myself of the damned banner and half an hour on the Internet searching for an alternative to InDesign (which I've been using since version 1, BTW).

Not good enough Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, my blue banner is definitely closable but it turns up now and then even though I've closed it before. I haven't trashed my prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines