Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to import data from a table saved as a csv file to my indesign table

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I want to import data from a table saved as a csv file to my indesign table.

Pb is that it inputs only one data in all rows? please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What about opening your CSV in Excel (or another spreadsheet software) and resave it in .xls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ckernevez7  wrote

I want to import data from a table saved as a csv file to my indesign table.

The csv file is no longer a table. To get what you need, you have 2 primary options; vinny38 already gave you option 1: re-open the csv file in a spreadsheet application so it gets re-interpreted to columns and rows, or option 2: do that reinterpretation in InDesign.

For option 2 you'll have to first just paste all the text from the csv file into an ordinary InDesign text frame. Then, with all that text selected, choose Table > Convert Text to Table.

Seeing as it's a CSV (Comma-Separated-Value) file, in the Convert Text to Table dialog, choose Comma from the Column Separator menu:

Leave the Row Separator set to Paragraph and click OK.

This will result in a new table you can format as desired, or from which to copy/paste to a pre-existing table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines