Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to render to see effects applied

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Something happened from one day to the other to my Premiere, without me changing any settings: when I apply an effect - like changing the exposure or contrast with Lumetri, or adding Gaussian Blur - I cannot see how that affects the clip simultaneously. The yellow render line appears and I have to render before checking out what the footage looks like with the respective effects. It's really weird and annoying: in case I apply Lumetri, render the footage and it looks graded, if I change any of the Lumetri settings, the footage looks again as the original ungraded file - and I have to render again to show the updated effect applied. Pretty much this makes it virtually impossible to do color grading on Premiere since I have to render to see any change I do.

I know how with the yellow render line playback is not perfect, but you normally can play it somehow ok with new effects applied to it.

Again, this has never been like that before and I haven't changed any of the project settings. I've been working on the same project and from one day to the other this started happening.

I contacted Adobe's customer support, they cleaned my cache files, changed settings here and there, but the problem persists It's really frustrating.

Any advice is welcomed!

Thanks,

Andre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Forgot to turn off the FX button in the Program Window?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to turn off the FX button in the Program Window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Give us more information, what acceleration Mercury Playback Engine are you using? Have you updated your Premiere Pro lately? What format of video files and codec are your videos? Did you update your Windows? This information is very helpful to be able to discard possibilities and if you can upload screenshots of your entire interface and the effects you are applying would be much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh...what a silly mistake - it was just the FX button in the Program Window that was off! I'm glad, however, that it was not something more complicated to fix  and I can get it to work now . Thanks for both posts, especially to Ann Bens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its any consolation: happened to me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines