• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC & Fireworks CS6

Participant ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new mac was crashing and I was told my CS5 programs were the conflict so very reluctantly I upgraded to CC.    I still need fireworks because of several websites I have that I used fireworks to build. My CC says my (Fireworks CS6) is up to date, yet I never upgraded it from CS5 to CS6.   

Now I hope that since I went to the cloud, Adobe will upgrade me to the last Fireworks before they discontinued this program since CS5 was making my computer crash.

Sure wish I could have gotten a hold of Adobe directly about this, but customer care isn't their thing.

If this is impossible, it will give me the opportunity to find a non-adobe product to build my websites with if I have to rebuild them anyway.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Daryl-Hunter, the workaround is only for the installation. I do not know if Fireworks CS6 itself will function correctly on modern versions of macOS. 

We do have a public Fireworks forum at Fireworks..   I would recommend searching that forum for details regarding compatibility with modern versions of macOS and alternatives to Fireworks. Many of the features of Fireworks were moved to other Adobe applications.  If you have a full Creative Cloud membership, then there is likely a current alternat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your installation directory for fireworks cs6 or open cs6 from your cc app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my CC app it just says it is up to date although it doesn't exist; hence, it doesn't give the option to reinstall.  Likely because my last purchased version was CS5.  It is my hope Adobe will give me CS6 since it is the last version.  It is odd CC app says Fireworks 6 is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your cc desktop option for each program should be install, update or open.

what's your option for fireworks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see here, it says up to date; hence, no download option

ccfireworks.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update your cc app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC app is one week old, I also don't see a way on my pull down menu to update the cc app.

If Adobe was a good company I could have had this solved by phone already!  but thanks for your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then scroll to the top of that panel > click installed apps > scroll to fireworks and click open

Screenshot - 5_16_2018 , 4_36_07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the graphic, this is the "installed apps"  panel, Fireworks 6 has only an "up to date"  selector.   No open selector, the three dots next are only an option for tutorials.    This was the first thing I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your graphic doesn't show installed apps.  that's at the top and you've scrolled down to show fireworks.

in any case, if you don't see that using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daryl-Hunter, are you able to locate Fireworks CS6 in the Application folder?  You can find information on how to launch applications from the Finder at Launch Creative Cloud apps .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fireworks isn't a CC program, last one was  CS6 Fireworks, I am hoping to be able to download it; however, it isn't available on the link you posted.   It is odd though that it says my version is up to date when I don't even have it. 

Since you are staff Jeff, maybe you can put me in touch with someone, who can help me solve this, the Adobe website keeps circle jerking me to the Forum to keep their labor costs down.

I sure would like to get my computer working properly before I enter chemo and radiation treatment next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an active Creative Cloud membership you are welcome to start a chat session at Contact Customer Care .  I would recommend that you choose Photoshop as a product as Fireworks CS6 has very limited support available.

Daryl-Hunter, please review the document I referenced in post #10.  Yes, the document references Creative Cloud but the same process of opening applications from the Applications folder has been used for many versions of Adobe applications including Creative Suite.

If you could please post a screenshot of the Applications folder, to this public forum discussion, it would help clarify if Fireworks CS6 is currently installed or not.  Information on how to post a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

app-shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, Daryl-Hunter.  It appears that there are no current installations of Fireworks on the computer.  Neither the CS5 or CS6 version is currently installed.

Since the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application believes that Fireworks is installed it may be detecting a previous installation.  Please go to Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers and run any available uninstaller for Fireworks.

If successful you should then be given the option to install Fireworks from within the Creative Cloud desktop app.

If you continue to face difficulties then please download and install Fireworks CS6 from Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications .  Please make sure to enter the Adobe ID/e-mail address tied to your active Creative Cloud membership during the Fireworks CS6 install process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem.jpg

Thanks for the help Jeff, but it is time for me to go for a hike while I can, I just found out my chemo and radiation starts on tuesday and I don't wan't to waste my last days of mental clarity being pissed off at Adobe's lack of customer care.

cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Daryl-Hunter.  You are welcome to bookmark this discussion and continue when you feel ready.

From the most recent post, it appears that you proceeded with downloading and attempting to install Fireworks CS6 directly.  If you are using macOS 10.12 or later than you will need to use the workaround discussed in Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) to begin the installation process.

Were you able to locate the uninstaller for Fireworks CS5 or CS6, Daryl-Hunter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstaller for cs5 went away after all but one of my cs5 apps were deleted, I had to just put the last one in the trash.

If Fireworks 6 doesn't work on the current OS and I have to redesign the 2000 pages I have on the "Greater Yellowstone Resource Guide,  the dozens of pages I have on my Signature Print Gallery, and the dozens of pages I have on "The Hole Picture Photo Safaris", I will just find another web design program where I"m not hostage to Adobe practices to rebuild them with.

My new 46 megapixel camera sure opened up a can of worms.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daryl-Hunter, the workaround is only for the installation. I do not know if Fireworks CS6 itself will function correctly on modern versions of macOS. 

We do have a public Fireworks forum at Fireworks..   I would recommend searching that forum for details regarding compatibility with modern versions of macOS and alternatives to Fireworks. Many of the features of Fireworks were moved to other Adobe applications.  If you have a full Creative Cloud membership, then there is likely a current alternate creative workflow that you could use to update the web pages you referenced in message #17.

I do wish you the best of luck with the upcoming procedure, Daryl-Hunter.  Please feel free to update this discussion if you want to continue pursuing installing Fireworks CS6 on macOS 10.12 or later.  I would also recommend reviewing Installing Creative Suite on a new Mac or macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later which also discusses the necessary workaround for installing Creative Suite 4 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff for the well wishes.

All of the menus of all my web pages are created with fireworks, imported into dreamweaver.   Even if some of Fireworks were integrated into other programs, all estimated 2,500 pages would still have to be recreated.

I have updated to the "all program cloud"  the one I quit in 2013, as I found it as problematic then as I do now.  I was happy as a clam living in CS5 until the new camera wouldn't allow it.  I have since had to buy a new computer power mac, upgrade softeware, while bugs are making the new computer crash.

I work as a tour guide for my own business from may until october first, but this year I won't be able to.  Stuck at home with a half a brain, too bad my computer doesn't work right - oh well.

As soon as my body, brain, computer and camera are working without effort, I will be finding non-adobe programs to use, that will be another learning curve I won't be ready for until my one year subscription is up.

Long before the cloud, I had hoped Adobe would come up with a monthly payment system where we could always have the new stuff without the $800.00 upgrade lump sum every year; however, they chose the faulty cloud system instead of a computer hard copy system - sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, Daryl-Hunter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines