• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When opening document, window extends beyond screen.

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a minor, but annoying issue that I've had for a few months now. I'm not sure what is causing it.

When I create a New Document, the window that it creates correctly conforms to the size of the screen. (See below)

Screen Shot 1.jpg

However, when I open any *existing* document (in any Adobe CC app - PS, ID, Ill, etc.), the window it creates extends outside the screen. (See below)

Screen Shot.jpg

Now I know it's fairly straightforward to resize the window to fit the screen, but I'm hoping there's a way to fix this as I'm constantly opening and resizing windows.

OS X 10.13.4

Adobe CC 2018

iMac w/ 5K Retina Screen & 2 additional 1080p cinema displays

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Do you have the application frame enabled? If not, please do so. It's under the windows menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign​ from Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With one document open, go to Window > Arrange > Consolidate All Windows. Does that fix it?

Your screen looks like this (floating). There are three dots in the upper left.

Consolidate looks like this. There is an X in the upper left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jane-e,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this...

I tried as you suggested, but I'm afraid it didn't work. (see below) 

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the application frame enabled? If not, please do so. It's under the windows menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seemed to do the trick. While I'm not a big fan of the application frame, it does solve this issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it got pushed off the screen somehow. Perhaps you had a second monitor attached at some point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, I'm running 3 monitor setup (see OP). A 27in 5k Retina iMac & 2 cinema displays on either side.

But I've been running this kind of setup for years, and only run into this issue over the last few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With constant updates to the O/S and the apps, it’s nearly impossible pin a change down. You could try trashing your prefs, but that’s likely only going to give you a temporary reprieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines