• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dehaze Might Impact Upright Tool (and Other Tools with Zooming) Performance?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I noticed that my upright tool in one of my photo became so unresponsive, that I couldn't move the guided lines properly (more than 5 seconds before it even moves when dragged).

I tried different adjustments and different RAW files from Canon, Sony and Panasonic cameras: I am now pretty sure that it's the "Dehaze" making the performance so bad and things would get worse as I add more guidelines.

Other tools with zooming (WB picker and Detail) would be affected as well.

"Clarity" might have a slightly negative impact but not half as bad as dehazing.

I am wondering whether it's something in the Camera RAW engine and affecting everyone.

I tried the upright tool in Photoshop and it works fine when dehazing was applied.

Thanks

Yichen

P.S. My Computer:

Ryzen 1700 + 24G RAM + GTX 1050 Ti

Both LR and LR Cache on an SSD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

The engineering team of Adobe have acknowledged that this bug is identified and will be fixed in their next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you apply guided upright first and dehaze afterwards? Seems like a reasonable work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I know it could be a workaround.

But there's always a time that you want to adjust the parameters like WB again or make a duplicate to see differences; keep bringing dehazing back to 0 first is still pretty annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say I just realized that dehazing slows down the performance of adjustment brush as well... The "dehaze" in the adjustment layer might be affecting the performance as well, but not that badly; it's tolerable for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dehaze slows everything down, not just brushing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't updated the LR on my laptop so I just tried the older version (7.2): It wasn't half as this slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The engineering team of Adobe have acknowledged that this bug is identified and will be fixed in their next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines