• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Periodic Table of Elements

Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to chizutodesign for permission to post this.

geGv5nx.png

Twitter: @chizutodesign

Edit: wallpaper size.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this an Adobe Periodic Table? All I see that could be Adobe is perhaps Audition, Lightroom, Premiere, Bridge and Behance? I don't get the rest of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The design humor is to imagine what it would be like if Adobe published a table of Elements.

Au is not for Audition, but the symbol for Gold.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

The design humor is to imagine what it would be like if Adobe published a table of Elements.

Au is not for Audition, but the symbol for Gold.

Gene

Ah, I know Au is for gold in the real Periodic Table was trying to find an 'Adobe' tie-in. Didn't get it at first. Thanks for the explanation 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ok.   I'm sure others were wondering the same thing as you were. So your question gave me a chance to clear it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, they already have Photoshop and Premiere Elements...a table of two. I'm sure a good agency could make something of that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't we all discuss the move to elemental style app icons when Adobe decided to move in that direction a while back?  We accepted it as a deliberate trend, but I don't remember if we worked out a rationale other than it looks pretty cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to log in to update some account information and saw this.

Wonderful!

As a Chemist I can only suggest that Adobe add version numbers where Atomic Numbers go in their symbols, and maybe the year of release where the Atomic Weight goes, to complete the tribute to The Periodic Table.

That is, if a Periodic Table Tribute was what they had in mind with the Logos.  The table posted lacks those crucial things and no Periodic Table is of much use without them 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not from Adobe, but from a designer on Twitter, @chizutodesign  It's not for sale nor is it meant to be a real reference chart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

It's not from Adobe, but from a designer on Twitter, @chizutodesign  It's not for sale nor is it meant to be a real reference chart.

But if you were the in-house graphic designer for a large drug company, it would be a very cool chart to have on your wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood that, I wasn't implying the designer of what you posted should update his work.  I thought somebody said that the resemblance of the logos to a spot on the Periodic Table may have intentional on Adobe's part.

If so, they left out a cool idea with the version number.

I tend to overthink things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW Sockratease! That's an excellent suggestion now that's thinking outside the box. Way to go. OTOH, I'm torn between upsetting the clean look of the icons and make them seem to busy if you get what I mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time that Chemistry and I ever got along was when I met my wife.

Other than that? Never. My first chemistry experiment in high school we were supposed to team up and make a moisturizing cream compound. After the only two girls in the class were trying their's on, mine and my lab partners had proceeded to eat through the beaker and about two inches of the lab table. Those girls ran out of the room.

Little did I know that the majority of my working career would be based around chemical compounds of different types of aggregates.

GREAT JOB on the Adobe Periodic Table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I prefer to let others handle chemistry. It was stuff I had to do back then to get that diploma.

All my chemistry experiences were in school or those chemistry kits they sold at hobby shops. I think the only thing I created by mixing two compounds was --- ink.

I thought that Adobe-Periodic table was just cool graphics. I don't know or care enough to pick it apart for not having the proper numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this just a joke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All apps I found in this periodic table (their color might not match):

-Fresco

-Behance

-Captivate

-Scout

-Premiere Pro

-PageMaker (and maybe PageMill, not sure tho since I haven't seen its icon)

-ColdFusion (Builder)

-FrameMaker (Publishing Server)

-Substance 3D Modeler

-Lightroom

-Edge Reflow

-SpeedGrade (and Substance 3D Stager)

-Premiere Rush

-Edge Code

-RoboHelp

-Substance 3D Painter (and the fan-made app Periodic Table)

-Substance 3D Designer

-Audition

-Edge Inspect

-Flash (Professional)

-SoundBooth

-Bridge

-Technical Communication Suite

Seems like Adobe really wants to recreate the periodic table of elements with their own respective programs... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines