Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking media problem

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Am new to Premier Pro and I have a problem!

Some of my sequences have gone silent (stripy lined)- have they disconnected form the media file? They shouldn't have as the originals have not been removed from the disc. I am trying to reconnect them but can't figure out how. Any advice? Many thanks!

Also, I've tried to right click on stripy sequences but there doesn't seem to be a reconnect media option. Also, in the file menu, the link media option is in grey (unclickable)

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 11.28.20.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

You're welcome iacopod! Even though I do not understand anything jajajaj (I speak Spanish really)

Try this: download the Handbrake and try transcoding your video, if transcode serves you in Premiere Pro, that's the reason and in that case you have to transcode every video you need to use in PrPro

Aquí tienes el enlace para descargar Handbrake

https://handbrake.fr/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, hi johnnyjamesmiller!

I can't help you, sorry! But i write here because i've a similar problem on Premiere Pro: in my project, on which I have been working for some time without problem, now almost all the clip (audio+video) result offline. Clips are all at their place, nothing changed, except that i've done the software update at version CC 12.1.1.

In my instance, when i try to relink, i can relink only the audio and i lost (irreversibly) any reference to the video in the project. The clip that where audio+video become only audio clip.

Trying to relink, the message is:  the selected file doesn't contain the multimedia video used by any reference in sequences. These reference to video clip will be eliminated and can't be undo. Continue?

(i've italian version of Pr, i apologize for my translation).

I tried different ways to relink, in copies of the project, to save the original, but without success.

Anyone can help?

thanks

iacopo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped supporting some QuickTime 7 codecs and surely this is your problem, your videos must be in a video codec of those that are no longer supported. Read the information on this link Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in this forum page there are tips from other users that have similar problem:

Re: Lost media file path / unable to map or relink

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are you working with Nested Sequences? or maybe Subsequences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

no.

I have the same problems with all my projects Premiere, i discover it after writing here.

It's a real problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upgrade to the last Premiere Pro version 12.1.1??? Or did you link audio with Audition to edit it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi byroncortezh,

yes, i've done the update 2 weeks ago, and yesterday started this problem. I also worked with some file audio from Audition.

The problem is that almost all the files results off line and i can't reconnect. When i try, these are transformed in audio file, only audio. I lost the video in the project. But some clip remain the same and it's strange, because these are all the same type of file.

Now i'm trying to start a new project, importing from the beginning all files, but the same problem occurs: some files are ok, many other no, they aren't, they are uploaded as file audio only.

Maybe you're right Byroncortezh, the problem could be Quicktime no longer supported...I'm looking for this.

These are properties of a file without problem (sorry is in italian):

Schermata 2018-05-17 alle 21.47.10.png

These are properties of a "corrupted" file, coming from same camera/rec profile /format and from same folder as that one above:

Schermata 2018-05-17 alle 21.48.05.png

I'm trying to understand what to do. It's a problem!!!!!!!

thanks byroncortezh!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome iacopod! Even though I do not understand anything jajajaj (I speak Spanish really)

Try this: download the Handbrake and try transcoding your video, if transcode serves you in Premiere Pro, that's the reason and in that case you have to transcode every video you need to use in PrPro

Aquí tienes el enlace para descargar Handbrake

https://handbrake.fr/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines