• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wing flapping

Contributor ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bird puppet with a wing I want to flap when triggered.

I have a cycling layer set for the wing animation and it works nicely.

My problem is that the wing is only visible when I trigger the animation. I want a default where the wing is in its tucked in, non-flapping, position, then that is hidden when the flapping animation starts.

I just can't work out how to do this in CA.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Dominic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

i Would suggest having a separate swap set for the body with tucked wing / body without wing. (Or wing and invisible wing.) Make the wing the default in the swap set, so a keyboard trigger makes the wing disappear.

You can then assign the same key to both the cycle layer animation and making the wing disappear. See the bottom of this thread Triggers in different layers for similar issue With screen shots.

you might also find this interesting: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/02/04/butterflies-and-poppies/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i Would suggest having a separate swap set for the body with tucked wing / body without wing. (Or wing and invisible wing.) Make the wing the default in the swap set, so a keyboard trigger makes the wing disappear.

You can then assign the same key to both the cycle layer animation and making the wing disappear. See the bottom of this thread Triggers in different layers for similar issue With screen shots.

you might also find this interesting: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/02/04/butterflies-and-poppies/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much - just a simple application of logic needed!

It was even easier in the end: I duplicated the basic torso, placed it above the static wing in my layer stack and then added it as trigger with the same action as the flapping. Works perfectly.

CA is so much easier than any of the animation scripts I've been using in AE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines