• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance Issues since Creators update with Windows

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone encountered performance issues since Windows started rolling out the creators update to the OS? Particularily with mouse lag. I'm pretty confident its not the machine, I'm pushing with an i-4790k processor overclocked with a 32gb or ram, and the NVidia 1080 8gb video card with an 800 watt PSU. I noticed the lag in the mouse, honestly , only with the Adobe titles while doing an export with Lightroom. So, I'm assuming this is a driver issue with something, but I'm not sure what exactly since I have the most up-to-date Graphics drivers as well. Any input would be extremely helpful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reduced performance is expected inside LR when Export, Import, or Preview Building is in progress. What version of LR, in what module(s), doing what do you see the lag? Details needed! Have you tried checking/unchecking 'Use Graphics Processor' in LR Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have tried unchecking and checking the "graphics processor" option.

I totally understand reduced performance, it's just that ever since the update to windows, I've noticed it Ten Fold prior and just wanted to know if there was a fix for it till drivers got updated. I just wasn't sure if it was an Adobe issue, Windows Driver issue, or NVidia issue that I was experiencing. And like I was saying, the performance honestly only affects the adobe titles, cuz I can come out of LR while that process is going on, and multitask on answering back client emails and such, or navigate windows. However, if I come into specifically Ai, all the menu drop downs are lagged horribly, and trying to move artwork is very slow as well.

I've already tried several of the band aid fixes to the creators update to prevent the mouse lag like shutting down all of the Xbox features and such. I've even tried to roll back to a previous build, and although it said it was successful, i've noticed all the features of the creator update that I had before I tried to roll back, so it's a touch build to reverse upon if you accept it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously suggest trying again to roll back the update and wait until MS fixes these issues.....

How To Uninstall Windows 10 Creators Update - Winaero

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since Windows 10 updated to 1803.

In Lightroom (very last version) picture moving with hand in Develop module and use of brushes have now extreme lag.

Lag only appears when GPU acceleration is active (in my case Nvidia GTX 970M). When GPU acceleration is disabled - no lag.

I have downloaded new Nvidia drivers released after 1803 update but it did not help.

FYI all other elements work fine and immediately, issue is only applicable when something is done with mouse movement (yes I checked with different mouse and touch pad).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

artems29271234  wrote

Lag only appears when GPU acceleration is active (in my case Nvidia GTX 970M). When GPU acceleration is disabled - no lag.

I guess I don't understand the issue here. It seems as if the very simple and effective solution is to disable GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Advice to disable obviously means that I will not be able to enjoy acceleration by powerful GPU (obviously like "Me: Doctor, my hand hurts. Doctor: don't use your hand).

So any solution to keep using full functionality of Lightroom? Or any way to address this issue to Adobe for the them to fix it in the next update?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your Direct X drivers are up to date Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

artems29271234  wrote

Advice to disable obviously means that I will not be able to enjoy acceleration by powerful GPU

All of which depends on whether or not you have a 4K or larger monitor, which you haven't told us. If you have a standard HD monitor, then there's nothing to enjoy from acceleration by powerful GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines