1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2018 12:48 PM by srishtib8795206 Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Spinning Beach Ball in InDesign?

OwenGibbons10 Level 1

Hi

I have been having the same problem as everyone above. Was working fine on my old Mac Air with 2017 but as soon as I moved to my new Mac pro and InDesign CC 2018 it hasn't worked. Everything is slow and there is a beach ball every 30 seconds to a minute.

I have followed these steps and this hasn't changed anything. This is very annoying as I am trying to complete exams with strict deadlines and this is piling on a heap of pressure.

I was able to change these:

~/Library/Preferences

~/Library/Caches

~/Library/Application support

But when I tried to add an account on these three:

/Library/Preferences

/Library/Caches

/Library/Application support

I didn't have permission. I went onto the root account and still didn't have the permission to complete the task. My indesign is still terribly slow so please can someone fix this. It is costing me a lot of money for pretty much nothing.

• 1. Re: Spinning Beach Ball in InDesign?
          srishtib8795206 Adobe Employee

Hi Owen,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. As you have already tried sharing permissions from root account and it's not letting you add your account. Could you please confirm how was the performance in root account?

Also, please try resetting preferences for InDesign

• Close all Adobe applications.
          • Go to Locations:
          • ~/Library/Caches
          • ~/Library/Preferences
          • Delete or rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign
          • Launch InDesign from the CC

Regards,

Srishti