• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see Navigator on Left, and Adjustments on Right of the photo in LR Classic CC 7.3.1. Black only. Setting ? or Bug?

New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't see Navigator menu (Content HD sources and Collections) on the Left, and Adjustment menus for Develop and Library Modules on the Right of the photo (s) in the main viewing window in LR Classic CC 7.3.1. There is only Black. It just started happening intermittently and it's extremely annoying! If left untouched it will eventually correct itself or by quitting LR and reopening it, the menu items will return. This is not the arrows for hiding and opening these items being changed. It goes to black for no apparent reason without knowingly changing anything. Is this a Preferences or Settings issue? A software bug with this version? Please Help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Hi Charlie2013,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic CC side panels and navigator are appearing black.

Are you using a Windows or Mac computer? If on a Mac, please take a look at this article Lightroom UI panels appearing black on macOS and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie2013,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic CC side panels and navigator are appearing black.

Are you using a Windows or Mac computer? If on a Mac, please take a look at this article Lightroom UI panels appearing black on macOS and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Akash.

I am using an iMac with OS 10.11.6 . The fix in the link you provided did work on returning the LR side panels and navigator from the black border.

The LR Classic CC version I am using is the most current 7.3.1. The solution suggests updating  to LR version 6.10 or later. The solution asks for input with updating the latest LR software only. Please forward my response if needed.

The article also suggests updating to Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4 or later. I have not updated my Mac OS to maintain compatibility with my older laptop which can not install any OS past 10.11.6.

I am assuming that the OS update will be the only option to eliminate this issue completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. Glad to know it helped.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines