• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I reinstall my older products? CS2 and CS3?

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought CS2. I also got the download after Adobe messed up the registration. I would now like to install on another laptop. It needs the serial number. The number that is listed on the desktop version is not accepted.

I do not want to use the Creative Cloud. I am taking all my windows OS computers offline and moving to Linux. I really dislike the Gimp and Inkscape so I will dual boot. I do have an older version on disc - Illustrator 9 plus the non-usable CS2 install

How do I move or reinstall Illustrator?

Thanks

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the Creative Suites forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

CS2 + Acrobat 7 + Audition 3 (AND EARLIER) Activation Server is gone, so read below

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

You MUST use the special version and serial number on the page, not your original disc or serial number

Lost information - see reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows

- includes link to your Adobe account to check for registered serial numb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to the special CS2 page to download the installer, you must use the matching serial number for the product

IE - a suite serial number is for the suite of programs, you need an Illustrator number if you are using an Illustrator installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find the page. All I'm getting is Creative Cloud.

Have another problem. I've been upgrading your products since Photoshop 3.  I can only find an original install serial number for that disk.

All other copies were upgrades from that one.  I had

I also have Indesign, which I bought newer to replace Pagemaker.

Thanks, I'll check back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 + Acrobat 7 + Audition 3 (AND EARLIER) Activation Server is gone, so read below

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

You MUST use the special version and serial number on the page, not your original disc or serial number

Lost information - see reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows

- includes link to your Adobe account to check for registered serial numbers

- when you find your serial number(s) write them down and put in a desk drawer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a try.

I must be one of the lucky ones in one way - haven't had to reinstall anything in over 8 years. Windows hasn't crashed from XP tp Pro.

BTW, I did buy a copy of Illustrator CS2, and it won't take that number.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list you gave worked very well, I managed to get, and run the CS2 copies of Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator.

However, how do I install the upgrades that I did buy?  Photoshop and Illustrator won't take the upgrade serial, and Indesign wants

Pagemaker 7 - which I do have.

I've been upgrading Photoshop since version3, and Illustrator since Version 7. Indesign was newer.

Thanks

I did check out the products and don't see any. Didn't activation automatically register them?  Wouldn't help now as those would be 7 or lower editions.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Didn't activation automatically register them?

Go back and re-read the first line in my reply #3

There is NO activation of CS2 (or CS3) which is why ONLY the special versions and serial numbers will work to install the programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 for all three. I did buy CS5 Photoshop but found I liked CS3 better.

Adobe used to phone home when you added the serial number. Didn't that also create a list of products or update what was registered?

Although all my registrations went way back. Version 3 for Photoshop, Version 7 for Illustrator and Pagemaker 7 for Indesign.

Since those are lost ------

How do I activate the upgrades I bought?  They do not accept the serial number of the replacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired see reply #1 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372929

-you MUST use the special serial number AND the special installer you download, not your originals

-above includes a link to get the special version AND links to help with activation problems

-more information on activation problems with the new version https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing on a new laptop, the old laptop will be hit with format C and trashed. I can't de-install it since it never installed in the new one.  Will check the files.

Printed out the instructions from the other link and we will see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Crucially, at no time use your disks OR your serial numbers for CS2 or CS3 (except to get access on the web page when asked). You must use only the replacement software and the replacement serial.

Please be sure to keep the replacement downloads AND replacement serials safe OFF your computer. I don't think we can assume these will be around next time you need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines