Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasted images show as blank in PDF

Explorer ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

We have a few old InDesign documents that have pasted images (i.e. not linked).

When we create a PDF, the pictures don't show, there is a blank space where the picture was in InDesign.

We're on a Mac and we're using InDesign CC 2018. PDF exported from a PC using CC 2018 are fine.

We've created a PDF using InDesign CS 6 and the pasted images show up in the PDF.

Is there a setting in CC 2018 that we need to turn on?

(P.S.: no need to tell me how I can work around this problem, I know what we can do)

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images showing as "embedded" in the Links panel?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I alluded to that in my first sentence. NO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that these "images" were copied and pasted from Photoshop into InDesign. When this happens, an image "appears" on the InDesign page, but in fact isn't really there. This is why the image isn't listed in Links, and why you get a blank space in the exported PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do it in CC2018, the image will show up in the PDF. You're not quite right.

But, if it's from an older version of InDesign, the images won't show up in the PDF. That is my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines