• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Delete Remnants of Acrobat DC

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  Microsoft Windows updates fouled up my Adobe products.  I have restored Windows to an earlier build, and was able to reinstall Creative Cloud desktop.  However, even though CC Desktop shows Acrobat DC as "installed," it's not.  It's been removed and the registry has been cleaned, but CC Desktop still shows it.  If I select "Uninstall" from the Desktop it gets to 1% complete and then stops.  I can't reinstall it without first uninstalling it, yet there's nothing else to uninstall.  AcroCleaner2015 doesn't work either - it doesn't even give me an Acrobat DC option to remove.  Can anybody help?  It's been over 24 hours since I was able to do any actual work!  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat Cleaner will not work in this instance: You cannot use it for Acrobat that is installed as part of a CC installation. There is a CC Cleaner, but that would require that you uninstall all of CC (Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems). You can install Acrobat outside of the CC Desktop application. You would select to install a trial/subscription version of Acrobat during the installation. Once that is installed, you may be able to uninstall using CC Desktop again. If that does not work, then I would go with the complete uninstall to run the Cleaner. You can download Acrobat from here: Download and install Acrobat DC subscription on a computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl Heinz, thanks for this.  I don't see anywhere the option to select a trial install, only the regular install (which fails when I attempt it).  Is there a different place I should go to select the trial version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to walk through the steps I outlined, and noticed that the download process was apparently changed on Adobe's end. I was however able to download the correct Acrobat installer via the link published here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html  - just scroll down to the "Other Tools" section - you'll find Acrobat as the first entry in that list. When you run that installer, one of the first few screens will ask you about trial/subscription vs. serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I removed everything as you described and then ran the CC Cleaner from the link you provided.  I then reinstalled CC Desktop and all the apps are marked "Install" with the exception of Acrobat DC, which still says "up to date" even though it's not there at all.  In other words, I've just wasted another hour and am exactly where I was before.  I've now lost 32 hours of productivity and am nowhere.  Is there not anyone who can help me straighten this mess out?  Cost is not an option, I just need this to work.  Can somebody please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to get in touch with Adobe's support. http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (don't use any of the "Forum" options, otherwise you will end up here again)

Have you tried to re-install Acrobat using the last link I've posted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work.  It downloaded and installed but then errored out with "Not responding" when I tried to launch it, followed by some other message about transforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no other option for support other than the Forums.  If there were, I'd have tried it.  The only option I get is Forums.  How can it be that a giant company like Adobe will not provide support to a customer, even one willing to pay for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, it does not seem to work right now. Here are the support options you should see:

2018-05-18_14-53-05.png

So, depending on what type of problem you select, you should see a combination of Phone/Chat/Forums - and that does not seem to work: I also only get the Forums option. You can always try Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregh,

We request you to please share your contact information and suitable work hours via private message to arrange a call back you. Our technicians will call you back to help you for the same.

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can call me during business hours at [ Moderator: Phone number removed and forwarded to Adobe staff ].  I’ve been on hold with your tech support for 31 minutes as we speak, I was told the wait was 17 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I knew how to private message you I would do that.  I've been on hold with your tech support for 33 minutes as I write this; I was told the wait would be only 17 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Above every comment is the users's name in blue. This is actual a link that you can click on. Once you are on a user's profile page, there is a "Message" button  on the right, just below the potential image:

2018-05-19_11-08-38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines