Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Properties panel missing

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 2007 21.0.0.

There is no 'Properties panel' it doesn't show up if I reset the workspace 'Essentials' nor does it appear in the Window drop downlist.

I can't update myself as it is all controlled by corporate IT.

Is there a way to solve this other than updating?

Thanks for your help.

Aimee

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

In different parts of the application: the preferences dialog box, several panels, the tools options and the control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the properties panel was introduced with version 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Doug

So how does one access one's properties pre version 22?

Aimee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In different parts of the application: the preferences dialog box, several panels, the tools options and the control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a clear explanation.

I'm following some of the online tutorials, I've downloaded the files they want me to use.

When the tutorial shows the Properties Panel with a specific tool, that panel doesn't show up on my version (cc2017)

So this isn't helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already stated above: The Properties panel was introduced in the latest version of Illustrator (CC 2018).

It is not available in your CC 2017 version (unless you mean the Control panel that can be turned on in the Windows menu).

It has nothing to do with "helpful" or "not helpful".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jnolan@eastsideprep.org  wrote

This isn't a clear explanation.

I'm following some of the online tutorials, I've downloaded the files they want me to use.

When the tutorial shows the Properties Panel with a specific tool, that panel doesn't show up on my version (cc2017)

So this isn't helpful.

what monica means is that there is nothing in the properties panel that cannot be accessed in other individual panels. it's just a collection of already-existing functions. you can follow tutorials without it if you know where to find those individual panels. but if you really want it, you need to install Illustrator v22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't Illustrator automatically be updated to v22 if you are a subscriber?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Linda+Burrows  schrieb

Shouldn't Illustrator automatically be updated to v22 if you are a subscriber?

No. You have to click the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem! I've actually just figured out that I have both the Illustrator CC 2017 and 2018 installed for some reason. Almost like instead of updating the 2017 version, CC just installed a whole new version. And in the 2018 version, I can finally see the "Properties" panel. Weird... So Linda, if you haven't already sorted the matter, maybe check to see if this happened to you? Maybe you already have access, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) The answer is that it SHOULD that's why we subscribe and don't pay for a one time install.
2) Adobe SHOULD put in the tutorial "If you don't see the properties window...." SO that noobs like me don't spend a half hour going thru menus just to find out that their subscription requires an update.

-z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware that all these options are elsewhere. I am running the latest version of CC, and the properties panel just looks so much more helpful for ease of access and I really would like to find out how to display it. Its nowhere in my windows drop down, nor in my general essentials. Where the f is it?? How do I turn it on? Do I need to download a script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you are in the latest version? Sure? Please tell us the version number.

And please show a screenshot of the Windows menu.

If you do have the latest version of Illustrator and still don't have the properties panel, it might be an installation erro or a preferences corruption or something else.

This thread is about version CC2017 and the solution does not apply to you (if you don't have that same version).

And since this thread is messed up completely already: please create a new one for your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, wth. This explaination of "correct answer"(???) by Monika makes absolutely  no sense. Do I need to run a script to get the properties window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see the update button in your creative cloud launcher. Click the update button to be able to follow along with adobe's tutorial. Be warned that it will delete your older version setting and such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 22.0.1 and do not have the Properties panel.
I'm new to Illustrator and was used to such a feature in AutoCAD.
I have tried everything I can think of to find it, windows, preference settings, no sign of it.

The only way I seem to be able to keep handy toolbars around is in Layout. I'm just not getting used to Essentials.
I hope someone can help.

Edit: could this be an OS thing? I'm still on Windows 7--need to wait to get 10 (which I don't really want) until my institution updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Windows > Properties not show the Properties panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not. Checked several times.
Sadly, I can't seem to get a screenshot with the menu open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the menu entry there?

Are you sure it's 22.0.1?

You are talking about this panel, right? Illustrator Help | Properties panel

Windows 7 is sufficient according to the requirements.

You could try resetting the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am referring to the properties panel shown at that link.

I do not get the panel by default when I have the "Essentials" workspace selected, nor do I see "Properties" in the dropdown "Windows" menu.

I'm sure I have 22.0.1:

I don't see anything in "Preferences" that seems to have anything to do with the workspace settings.
I don't recall what, if anything, I set from the default but I do not see a "reset preferences" button anyway.

Are there any plug-ins or extensions needed to get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not even in the menu, then you might need to uninstall, run the Cleaner tool and reinstall.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

It might also be an option to call Support

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll try doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm not sure how to use the cleaner tool. I uninstalled Illustrator (and Acrobat DC because I installed that at the same time).
I'm following all of the directions at that link and am trying to run the cleaner, but I'm not sure which products to choose. Here's a screenshot of the options:

Not sure what to choose.

Will this remove the CC I have on my computer (I think it's the CC "Desktop")? Or should I uninstall that too? Here's what it looks like:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you don't have many of the desktop products installed, right? It's just the CC App now?

Do you still have other versions installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines