• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashing constantly!

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom started to crash constantly since yesterday.  This behavior started out of the blue.  I have uninstalled and installed it again to no avail.  It crashes seconds after opening.  GPU is not activated.  Using macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on a Early 2009 Mac Pro with 3.33 Ghz 6-core Intel Xeon, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 2GB video card.  I also tried installing previous versions of Lightroom (7.2 and 7.0) but it made no difference.  Please help!  What´s going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rvamos,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1 is crashing unexpectedly on your MAC.

I've checked the crash reports you submitted(Thanks for these) and can see that it is related to an instance when remove a media device from your computer and the app crashes.

We are aware of this problem and identified this as a bug. Our Engineers are already working towards a fix.Please add your vote to this discussion Lightroom Classic 7.3: Unresponsive after Eject SD Card/USB Drive | Photoshop Family Customer Commun... and follow it to get updated on this issue.

Keep submitting the crash report via the Crash reporter console, it really helps us identifying the root cause of the crashes. Refer Submit a crash report for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash, thanks for the reply.  However, my issue has nothing to do with ejecting an SD card or USB drive.  I do have a WD external drive attached to one of my USB ports - its where all my photo files are.  Could this be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply, Akash. However, my issue has nothing to do with removing SD cards or USB drives. I do have a an external WD hard drive attached to one of my USB ports - it´s where all my photos are. Could this have anything to do with the crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines