• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinned objects do not appear in body

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried pinning multiple different objects (images, shapes, text) and they do not appear below the 600 axis.

If I move the object above 600 axis, then they appear as they should.  (I used top middle pin setting)

I need to pin an object in body of page. Does anyone know how to fix this? This seems more like a bug, because I have used this feature before on older version of Muse.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pin to top, middle and bottom is to fix the distance from the top, middle and bottom so a page that is 400 long will not show an object pinned to 600 because the page is not that long

yes Muse started to remove pin after 2016 and redesigned the code again in late 2017 (the build that got rushed out for MAX) and again in 2018... pin does work different in these builds and yes their are bugs but we need to see the details and a .muse file (cut back to just the issue) is the best option

p.s, scroll effects is another option for fixing things and works better than pin in some senarios... there are good 'how to" vids here

https://musewidgets.com/collections/tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I have an example muse file I would like to attach here but do not see attachment button.. how do I do this?

In the file, I pinned one object at 700,200 (which works as it should) and pinned another object at 100,900 (which does not appear in preview at all.

The page is 1500 long, so it does not make any sense why the 2nd object at 100,900 does not appear at all when pinned.

If the pin function does not work for this, what is the solution to make the second object stay "anchored" at 100,900 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amateurdesigner9281  wrote

hi, I have an example muse file I would like to attach here but do not see attachment button.. how do I do this?

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

here is the link to my file.

thank you!

http://previewsample.com/pin_test.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pinning is yor problem in this case – if you use that scrubber

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-07 um 22.45.51.png

you can clearly see this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-21 um 00.12.35.png

Not sure what you want to achieve with that pinning but if you pin these elements to each corner of the browser instead to to top center of the browser , these elements keep in place and are visible all time except …

… you won`t ever see the bottom element because it keeps its distance to the top as long as ones desktop does not show more than 900 px in height.

If you don`t pin both elements at all they keep visible and are scrollable.

So the question is, what do you want to achieve?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi fotoroeder,

I want the bottom element to stay pinned at 100,900 coordinates at all time.

Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you have to pin it to the top left browser like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-21 um 01.21.05.png

But be aware that the users with smaller screens won`t see that element ever.

Maybe it is much better to place it different like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-21 um 01.26.38.png

… and pin it to the bottom left corner. Like this the element is always visible like you maybe want it?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, sorry but none of these suggestions have worked.

To apply this in a real life example, I have a page with a video at the top.

When the user scrolls below the video player, the objective is to have the video player shrink and appear on the side of page and stay pinned as the user scrolls down the page. (so  the shrinked video is visible at all times)

The black element in my .muse example file represents the shrunk video player. (that is not the issue, I know how to do that)

It is just having it  pinned at all times once the user scrolls below the large video player at the top of page.

does this make more sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines