• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2018 immediate crash on opening apps

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PS and AE. Both apps won't open. They both freeze and crash my MacPro. (Mac restarts by itself) What can I do?

Mac Pro (End 2013)

3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

OS 10.13.3

Help is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Stefan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, kglad! But it didn't solve my problem.

By holding down CMD/ALT/SHIFT I was asked if I wanted to delete the preference settings. I clicked yes, unfortunately it didn't prevent the crash of the Mac.

By the way, Illustrator opens up with no problem. So far only PS and AE crash/freeze my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your steps, same result.

Ended up installing a fresh OS. This time Sierra 10.12.6.

PS 2018  won't open either. It froze instantly again. This time it took a couple of seconds longer till the MacPro restarted.
Installed PS 2017. It won't open either, though the MacPro doesn't restart... a little progress 🙂

Is there a combination of Mac OS and Adobe CC that will work definitely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's something on your computer causing a problem, but if you just installed your os and there's nothing else on your computer, that's a concern.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

or contact the Adobe Twitter team at @AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop needs to be told how much memory is installed in your system in a DWORD called OverridePhysicalMemoryMB at \Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\120.0

I created a PowerShell script to implement the solution described by JDH_2017​

Powershell script to fix Adobe Photoshop CC memory issue #2416657 · GitHub

To run this in your PowerShell without modifying your execution policy, try this:

powershell -nop -c "iex(New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mavaddat/d450dcd63c9c4edd27124b045a777585/raw/45ec26da22c358ed93e...')"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, mavaddatj!

But I'am afraid this is beyond my skills. Is there any way you can describe a step by step solution?

Specs:

Mac Pro (End 2013)

3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

Sierra 10.12.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have looked more closely to see that you asked for help with Photoshop on Mac OS X, not Windows. The solution that I proposed is working for Windows, not Mac OS X.

I wonder if someone on Mac OS X could suggest a method for achieving the same workaround in Photoshop on the Mac OS X. I would guess it would involve editing the application package contents using, e.g., Pacifist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mavaddatj, the problem is solved. I turned out that the graphic cards of my MacPro had been the reason for the crashes. Since that had been a problem of all End 2013-Mac Pros Apple launched a repair program and fixed it for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Got exactly the same problem on my End 2013 MacPro. Where did you find this Apple repair program?

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adriena,

I found it coincidentally when I researched the web. Here for example: Apple Launches Repair Program for Late 2013 Mac Pro Video Issues - Mac Rumors

Strangely, I didn't find an official announcement from apple.I went to a local Mac Reseller (Gravis in Germany) and they knew about it. Mac got sent in. After 4 weeks it came back worked fine.

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there thanks for your reply.

I’ve call the Apple care and told them my problem, and actually they confirm to me that the end 2013 macpro got this problem and the girl told me that there is a repair program for these Mac Pro until the 30th may 2018.

No chance at all, my mapro garantee end last year so i’M f*****. Got to pay 300€ to change the graphic card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some reason, I cannot edit my original comment so I have to post this as a follow up comment. On Windows, please use the following one-liner to fix this Photoshop issue:

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = "tls12, tls11, tls";  powershell -nop -c "iex(New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mavaddat/d450dcd63c9c4edd27124b045a777585/raw/25da06d9f129773645383a2a2d1f771573291aa2/fixphotoshopmem.ps1')"

I have updated the PowerShell script to accommodate SSL/TLS connections (in the `Invoke-WebRequest` to get the script) and it is also now made to be flexible so that it works with any version of Adobe Photoshop (Windows only).

Detailed instructions

1. Close all Adobe applications, then
  2. Launch Windows PowerShell (see "Starting Windows PowerShell"), for example Windows logo key+X, then hit "I"
    wait a moment for the PS command prompt to appear
  3. Then copy and paste the following into your PowerShell prompt and press "Enter":
[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = "tls12, tls11, tls";  powershell -nop -c "iex(New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mavaddat/d450dcd63c9c4edd27124b045a777585/raw/25da06d9f1297736453...')" 
  1. It will request elevated permissions to modify your registry. Allow this elevation.
  2. Now re-launch Adobe Photoshop. Check if it is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines