• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted lightroom catalog - need help to repair it.

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tanuj,

I'm having the same corrupt catalog error in the newest Lightroom Classic CC edition- I need the work I've lost for my job, and it's too recent for the latest backup. Is there anything I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maureenm,

Could you please let me know what is the exact version of Lightroom Classic CC installed on your computer ( go to Help>About Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC).

Which OS are you working on Windows or mac?
Also, what is the exact error that you get when opening the catalog in Lightroom?Try creating a new catalog and import the catalog which you are not able to open in Lightroom to see if it works or not.

Thanks
Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same thing happened to me. I am on MAC with the latest version 6.14. Please help! It will not let me import photos from that corrupted catalog either. I've lost MANY hours of editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi krisbelledc,

Could you please let me know what is the exact error you get when opening the catalog in Lightroom?
Also, do you have any backup of the corrupted catalog? 

Regards,
Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it first says that "The lightroom catalog is corrupt and cannot be used or backed up until it is repaired." I then click the repair button and it says "Unfortunately the catalog cannot be repaired."

I have an older backup, but not a backup with these photos and the 250+ edits I just made during this session. Please help! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info, I am sending you a Private message please check and reply.

Regards,

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanuj,

I am having a similar problem -- could you please assist via PM?

Thank you,

William Smith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

I am sending you a PM, please reply to the PM.

Regards
Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also having a similar problem.

I am using Mac OS High Sierra ver 10.13.1 and Lightroom classic cc 7.0.1 I appear to have lost all my catalogues from Lightroom when I try to use the backup files it is telling me all my catalogues are corrupt and cannot be used or backed up until repaired when I click repair catalogue I get a message telling me it cannot be repaired.

please help me I can’t believe I have lost all my pictures!

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne,

I am sending you a PM, please check and reply.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tanuj,

can you help me out as well. I did 2 days of editing and now my file is corrupt.

I use a MacBook Air with 10.13.3 and Lightroom CC 2015 release.

THANK YOU,

JOY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joy,

Sorry for the delay in response, I am sending you a PM please check and reply.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm on a Mac using High Sierra 10.13.4 with Lightroom Classic CC (Adobe Lightroom Classic [1167660])

I am also having the issue of corrupted catalogues. I work from two locations and when I transfer a specific catalogue from one location to the another iMac (at the different location), a dialogue box tells me the catalogue is corrupt and cannot be repaired. It seems that the corrupted lightroom is only on this one computer. Can I uninstall and reinstall Lightroom? I'm at a loss as I'm not any good with code or some of the work around fixes discussed. Can anyone help or advise. Thanks, Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this exact issue, why is a solution no posted and support keeps posting they will send a PM? I have a months worth of work that is corrupt I will loose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

also my Lightroom catalogue is corrupt and has important information for me!

Can you help me please?

Thank YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines