• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing SOME of LR Classic ONLY

Participant ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to try and make sense of using LR Classic and LR CC together.  My biggest problem/concern is the syncing of photos.  I like using LR Classic due to the greater editing properties but more so, the cataloging.  I have my own way to arrange and catalog my 25,000 pics.  The 20 GB I get from Adobe Creative Cloud is not enough.  To make use of that space, however, I did upload a bunch of folders with pics from many years ago but still leaving me with 7 GB of space.  So this is what Happened today.  I took a photo of my granddaughter and edited it in PS and then made sure it was imported into my LR Classic.  Then using the editing tools + presets, I made a few virtual copies displaying the various results.  I then put all I made (+ a few additional photos) into a collection and indicated I wished them to be synced with LR CC.  The little 2 sided arrow shows as if it were syncing, but nothing shows in LR CC or or my mobile devices.  I do have have SYNC with LR CC checked under my name to the top of LR Classic, as this seems to want to sync all 25,000 pics I have in my LR catalog.  When I open LR CC on my desktop, all I see is Syncing 1 Photo - but that shows every time of open the app.  Is there something I am missing or does Adobe just not want any collusion between the 2 apps (I won't even get into working with Apple Photos)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you have migrated your Lightroom Classic CC catalog, the only images that would count against your 20 GB cloud limit would be those that you have imported directly using Lightroom CC. Images synchronized from Lightroom Classic CC are smart previews and don't count against that 20 GB. Can't explain about the synchronization problem. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tape99  wrote

I continue to try and make sense of using LR Classic and LR CC together. 

You will have hard time making sense as they're not intended to be used together on same computer.

Please read  Using Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC concurrently. | Photoshop Family Customer Community

and Both Lightroom CC and Classic Storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I tried that for a while. Maybe that's why I'm so confused about it now. It just doesn't work very well (translated as at all, really).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines